News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

atheist is the devil

Started by quizlixx, July 02, 2008, 10:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quizlixx

"you are evil" any of you guys heard that before. because my christian friends think i am "tempting" them. and are doing great good for jesus when they refuse to talk to me.
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

curiosityandthecat

Just goes to show you how weak their convictions are if they believe that the simple fact you disagree with them is "tempting".  ;)

I'm sure there's very few of us (public nonbelievers) around here who have heard this before. I personally used to hear it all the time before I moved to a rather liberal area. I basically just group it into the same category as heterosexual men being made to feel uncomfortable just because another man puts his penis in a different place than his own. If you're comfortable with your [strike:13k7jtqp]faith[/strike:13k7jtqp]sexuality why would someone with different [strike:13k7jtqp]beliefs[/strike:13k7jtqp]tendencies bother you?

Strange, strange people.
-Curio

afreethinker30

Yes according to my neighbors I'm a devil worshipper.But hey I think I might have some fun with it.

quizlixx

:D i guess i was tempting one of my best friends when he brought up religion and i had some valid points for my case. his parents don't let me come over anymore. man, theists are funny.
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

Will

I "tempt" people with rationalism all the time, but it's never uninvited. If someone wants to discuss religion, they're going to get a healthy dose of reality from me (if I have time).
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Mister Joy

deadhead, anyone who can't face up to the reality of what you are without infecting the situation with their own personal dogma, fear and prejudice does not deserve the privilege of your companionship. You can't have a real friendship if there's that kind of unacceptance and judgement going on, whatever it may be against. Tell them that, see if it changes their attitude and if it doesn't then fuck 'em. Go find some new friends. Ones who aren't morons, preferably.

afreethinker30

I understand why theist believe what they do.And anyone who is Godless frightens them,because we go against their way of thinking.Fear of death...a fear that we cease to go on in the afterlife is to much for some.You shouldn't put yourself in a place with people who can't see your side to.I'm not saying they have to side with you,just to understand that you are unlike them and accept you for that.

Asmodean

Me? Evil..? No! How could anyone even think that?!  :blink:
Here is what "Asmodean" was derived from
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

EvolutionCalling

i carry a pitchfork as a matter of principle.  it has absolutely nothing to do with being evil.  maybe.

Atheist Mother

That sounds like fear.  People fear what they don't understand.  They fear the bible for crying out loud!
“Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions”  - Jerry Falwell
“I want three words [on my tombstone]: 'Woman, Atheist, Anarchist'. That's me ”- Madalyn Murray O'Hair

Asmodean

Quote from: "Atheist Mother"That sounds like fear.  People fear what they don't understand.  They fear the bible for crying out loud!
I wonder if they believe in the closet monster too... There are books mentioning closet monsters. Movies too...  :unsure:

Oh well... Religion is all about fear and hope. You give people something to fear and a hope of "salvation" and they will follow like a flock of mindless zombies.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

myleviathan

Quote from: "Asmodean"There are books mentioning closet monsters. Movies too...

That's true - one of the best worst movies of all time is entitled "Monster in the Closet".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091544/
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

quizlixx

Quote from: "EvolutionCalling"i carry a pitchfork as a matter of principle.  it has absolutely nothing to do with being evil.  maybe.

i carry around a black trident. you know, for farming and whatnot

Chimera

Pitchforks are great for that itch you can't reach
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

susangail

Quote from: "afreethinker30"I understand why theist believe what they do.And anyone who is Godless frightens them,because we go against their way of thinking.Fear of death...a fear that we cease to go on in the afterlife is to much for some.You shouldn't put yourself in a place with people who can't see your side to.I'm not saying they have to side with you,just to understand that you are unlike them and accept you for that.
I agree. I can't stand it when people see life in one of those two-way mirrors. All they see is their way (themselves). (flawed comparison, I know, but it's late/early...) But it can sometimes be very difficult to avoid those situations. I get annoyed and pissed, but then I get over it. Life goes on.
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.