News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

atheist is the devil

Started by quizlixx, July 02, 2008, 10:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susangail

Quote from: "Chimera"Pitchforks are great for that itch you can't reach
Oohh I gotta try that sometime...
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

EvolutionCalling

And by itch you mean Christian, and by can't reach you mean won't shut up, right?

Jolly Sapper

Bah, pitchforks are for reanimated corpses.  A good scythe, now that works for intimidation!

With the proper attire can cause quite a bit of anxiety in the biblical masses.. and many other bystanders as well.

Evolved

Quote from: "Jolly Sapper"

Bah, pitchforks are for reanimated corpses.  A good scythe, now that works for intimidation!

With the proper attire can cause quite a bit of anxiety in the biblical masses.. and many other bystanders as well.
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen

susangail

Quote from: "EvolutionCalling"And by itch you mean Christian, and by can't reach you mean won't shut up, right?
Oohh, I gotta try that too...
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

Loffler

quizlixx

attire works, but naked works even better. imaging a naked guy with a pitchfork in your yard
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

Jolly Sapper

Quote from: "deadhead"

attire works, but naked works even better. imaging a naked guy with a pitchfork in your yard

I stand corrected   roflol

not your typical...

Quote from: quizlixx on July 02, 2008, 10:34:15 PM
"you are evil" any of you guys heard that before. because my christian friends think i am "tempting" them. and are doing great good for Jesus when they refuse to talk to me.
Little tip, get better friends. That's probably one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. And do me a favor? Next time you talk t one of them and they claim that you're tempting them, tell them that they should be more grounded in their faith instead of blaming you for their unanswered question and doubts in what they seem to be so dedicated to.
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

xSilverPhinx

I find it interesting that to root word for 'demon' actually means something like 'wise man'. Makes all the sense in the world...

I like the word demon  8)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Willow

I have a very nice cauldron if it helps.

no_god_know_peace

Why is it your fault that they are not comfortable in their own faith and run like little girls when it's challenged ? Someone who is 100% beleiver wouldn't be intimidated by another person who thinks differently then them. If they can't stomach the fact that your an atheist then they are not as devout as they think they are. They're doubting their faith and just using you as a scapegoat for why their doubting.

This sort of reminds me of this one girl I know, she is very religious and quite nice for the most part but I always have to walk on eggshells with her. I am not allowed to curse (and by curse I mean words like "hell" "damn" "oh my god" "holy crap"...curse words that arn't really curse words) in her presence. Its a pain in the ass cuz I say these out of habit so its not like I can switch off that easily. I never understood how using "hell" and "damn" in a sentance affects her belief or relationship with this god fellow and it sometimes makes me wonder if she is really is the strong christian she claims to be ...

I know its not exactly the same as your situation but these irrational phobias theists have of rational discussions, petty curse words, what gender someone else has sex with etc. really make me wonder if any of them are really believers. It's almost like they don't really believe at all but instead spend their lives trying to convince themselves it's the truth.

xSilverPhinx

I always thought that if god exists, then he can defend himself well enough without the need for followers like that...what sort of god would need believers having to stand up for it?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Siz

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: no_god_know_peace on November 14, 2011, 02:40:53 PM
This sort of reminds me of this one girl I know, she is very religious and quite nice for the most part but I always have to walk on eggshells with her. I am not allowed to curse (and by curse I mean words like "hell" "damn" "oh my god" "holy crap"...curse words that arn't really curse words) in her presence. Its a pain in the ass cuz I say these out of habit so its not like I can switch off that easily. I never understood how using "hell" and "damn" in a sentance affects her belief or relationship with this god fellow and it sometimes makes me wonder if she is really is the strong christian she claims to be ...

You know, in my home for the most part, anyone can put their feet up on the coffee table in the living room.  It's not a huge deal to me.  However I have a friend that doesn't like anyone putting their feet up on his coffee table.  I sometimes forget and do so unknowingly for a few moments.  The reason I take my foot off the table however is not to appease a stupid idea that somehow I'm hurting an inanimate piece of wood, but rather the respect I have for what my friend wants.  It's certainly not that he cannot afford a new coffee table or even have the damage repaired should I damage it.