News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

True Story

Started by xSilverPhinx, October 25, 2019, 09:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on January 20, 2020, 02:39:43 AM
Sounds like an intense several hours, one way and another!  :spooked:

It was! But not as scary as the next events I am about to recount.

xSilverPhinx

It was last Friday. Just two days had passed since the windy episode that had sent us back to the Stone Age and on the castigated streets of Porto Alegre the damage could still be seen -- fallen trees blocking roads, offline traffic lights, an occasional flat car under huge wooden trunks. Stories were dancing off the lips of passengers on the morning commute of entire houses that had their roofs flung off or of massive trees that had smashed them in.

I was still feeling a little uneasy after the past two days when I arrived home that day. Eager to begin my evening ritual which ended with me flopping on my bed, I quickly ate an egg sandwich for dinner, grabbed a towel and got ready to take a shower. As soon as I turned the shower handle there was this instantly loud humming noise coming from outside the door.

I froze.

I turned the handle again. The humming stopped just as suddenly as it had started.       

Strange, I thought. Maybe I'm just imagining things. I turned the handle again and once more there was humming coming from just outside the door.

My brain, being the weird organ it is, decided a background song would suit this moment and so it began to conjure the shower song from Hitchcock's 'Psycho'. Many possible explanations passed through my mind like they were options lined on a buffet table. A dish of maybe-I'm-going-crazy, another of oh-I'm-definitely-going-crazy, a bowl of must-be-coming-from-next-door and a huge tray of...ghosts.

xSilverPhinx

It must be ghosts, I thought. These wayward spirits are somehow linked to the water, which makes perfect sense since we are currently in Aquarius. Makes perfect sense.

The jukebox in my brain started playing 'Aquarius (Let the Sunshine in)'. I purged the thought and the song as I left the water running and slowly opened the door. No other sign of aquarian phantoms beside the humming that was coming from the room in front of me. I carefully opened the second door and to my surprise, the humming was coming from the air-conditioning apparatus.

'What the...'

I turned off the water and sure enough, the AC turned off as well.

'Dafuq is going on?!'

I did what I had always done in situations that are beyond my understanding. I called my mother.

'Must be a short circuit!' she told me, obviously worried.

I was both bewildered and slightly relieved. It's easier to get an electrician in here than the Ghostbusters. :whew:

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Oh dear. Now you are going to be forced to call in an electrician and a plumber as well! But pace yourself: don't get them at the same time.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames