News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Pictures from Prague trip

Started by McQ, June 27, 2008, 09:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

Spurred on by curiosityandthecat's enjoyable pictures of San Francisco, I thought I'd share some photos of my recent trip to Prague. Beautiful city and a lot to see and do.

Here's the link to the photos. There are three pages of galleries: http://mcq.smugmug.com/gallery/5201446_ ... 5196_7pU4K
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

Very cool, beautiful pictures!  I forgot to ask how your trip went...was it a lot of fun?

McQ

Quote from: "laetusatheos"Very cool, beautiful pictures!  I forgot to ask how your trip went...was it a lot of fun?

Thanks. Yes, the trip was awesome. We didn't get to get outside of Prague much, so I missed some other parts of the country that I wanted to see (just so little time to see it all). But it was a blast! Nice people, good exchange rate, and the beer.....man alive, the beer!!!  :beer:
--Penn Jillette

curiosityandthecat

Beautiful! I was expecting one on the first page to be HDR, but I was surprised to see it wasn't. Nice! :hail:
-Curio

McQ

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"Beautiful! I was expecting one on the first page to be HDR, but I was surprised to see it wasn't. Nice! :hail:

Thanks. No HDR, just my trusty D3 and me, no special anything except what I normally do in post-processing (crop, sharpen if needed, correct white balance if needed, and correct color casts, which is almost never needed).
--Penn Jillette

LARA

Oh wow.  That place is just so gorgeous.  The architecture is....  Well I don't know anything about architecture but those buildings are amazing.  Thanks so much for sharing.
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
                                                                                                                    -Winston Smith, protagonist of 1984 by George Orwell

McQ

Quote from: "LARA"Oh wow.  That place is just so gorgeous.  The architecture is....  Well I don't know anything about architecture but those buildings are amazing.  Thanks so much for sharing.

The architecture there is awesome. The city dates back to the year 800 C.E., so it encompasses dozens of styles and types of architecture and art. It is also a very great city for Classical and Baroque music. They love Mozart, and he apparently loved Prague, so there is a lot of great musical history too. We had a string quartet made up of members of the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra play a private concert for us. It was pure ecstasy!
--Penn Jillette

MommaSquid

Quote from: "McQ"The architecture there is awesome. The city dates back to the year 800 C.E., so it encompasses dozens of styles and types of architecture and art. It is also a very great city for Classical and Baroque music. They love Mozart, and he apparently loved Prague, so there is a lot of great musical history too. We had a string quartet made up of members of the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra play a private concert for us. It was pure ecstasy!

I hate you.   :mad:  :D
Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos, McQ.  If I ever get the chance to visit Prague, I will want to pick your brain.   (Or maybe you should just adopt me and take me along when you travel.)

McQ

Quote from: "MommaSquid"
Quote from: "McQ"The architecture there is awesome. The city dates back to the year 800 C.E., so it encompasses dozens of styles and types of architecture and art. It is also a very great city for Classical and Baroque music. They love Mozart, and he apparently loved Prague, so there is a lot of great musical history too. We had a string quartet made up of members of the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra play a private concert for us. It was pure ecstasy!

I hate you.   :mad:  :D

Quote from: "MommaSquid":beer:

Now you can really hate me!

Hey, I had to wait 24 years to get to fly anything other than coach. I don't want to go "back there" with the other people now!
--Penn Jillette

MommaSquid

Quote from: "McQ"...
Now you can really hate me!  

Gee, if I have permission it's no fun!   :eek:

I need to get a passport.

McQ

Quote from: "MommaSquid"Yes, an overseas flight would be terribly uncomfortable in coach.   Rubbing elbows with the unwashed masses.   :D

It was so nice up at the front of the plane. I know I won't get to do it again, but it was soooooo comfy!

And passports take only about three weeks to get now. Mine took less. Go for it, Momma!!!
--Penn Jillette

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "MommaSquid"Yes, an overseas flight would be terribly uncomfortable in coach.   Rubbing elbows with the unwashed masses.   :D

It was so nice up at the front of the plane. I know I won't get to do it again, but it was soooooo comfy!

Now I'm jealous, too. Thanks.  :D

One of Shelly's friends tends to (and I want to know how she does it--I think it might have something to do with the fact that she's a cute little Asian girl) get upgraded to business on flights back and forth from the US and Taiwan. Curse this manly, rugged, Caucasian frame!  roflol
-Curio

McQ

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"Now I'm jealous, too. Thanks.  :D

One of Shelly's friends tends to (and I want to know how she does it--I think it might have something to do with the fact that she's a cute little Asian girl) get upgraded to business on flights back and forth from the US and Taiwan. Curse this manly, rugged, Caucasian frame!  roflol

:D  It's tough being a testosterone-laden being, isn't it?

And, btw, your signature line is one of my very favorite Woody Allen lines/quotes. Nice!
--Penn Jillette

hensenhensen

Nice pictures, Prague is really beautiful city with architecture going back to the middle ages. Mostly I have been in hotel Prague or meetings, but the city is extremely pleasing to the eyes and a pleasure to walk around. We managed to do just that a bit and see the Prague castle, the old town's powder gate tower and the famous astronomical clock. Ironically, the czechs are renowned for the high percentage of atheist citizens: the houses of worship are really amazing. This morning, we had a chance to explore the Jewish quarter, also fascinating (the Spanish synagogue is not to be missed). St. Vitus's Cathedral rivals Notre Dame as a massive, buttressed church: it also houses the tomb of "Good King Wenceslas".

McQ

Quote from: "hensenhensen"Nice pictures, Prague is really beautiful city with architecture going back to the middle ages. Mostly I have been in hotel Prague or meetings, but the city is extremely pleasing to the eyes and a pleasure to walk around. We managed to do just that a bit and see the Prague castle, the old town's powder gate tower and the famous astronomical clock. Ironically, the czechs are renowned for the high percentage of atheist citizens: the houses of worship are really amazing. This morning, we had a chance to explore the Jewish quarter, also fascinating (the Spanish synagogue is not to be missed). St. Vitus's Cathedral rivals Notre Dame as a massive, buttressed church: it also houses the tomb of "Good King Wenceslas".

Welcome, hensen. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. Prague is indeed, a pleasing city to explore and see. St. Vitus' Cathedral is amazing. I smiled when I read your comment on the percentage of non-believers. I too, noticed the irony in it during my visit. Our guides told us that a generation of communist rule was effective in squelching religion. Not the way I would go about it, but I guess it worked! LOL!

Are you in Prague for an extended time?
--Penn Jillette