News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out....today

Started by susangail, June 27, 2008, 08:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susangail

In about three hours. Ew. So I may or may not be on much today, or this weekend. I don't know how I'll feel.
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

MommaSquid

Sorry to hear that susangail.  Make sure you pick up bags of frozen peas to put on your swollen face.  

I kid you not!  

Oh, and pain killers.  Drugs are good.  (Sorry Mr. Mackey.)

Take it easy, and you'll be back with us in no time.

jcm

Quote from: "susangail"In about three hours. Ew. So I may or may not be on much today, or this weekend. I don't know how I'll feel.

pops pills and sleep for three days. day 3 is the worst. don't use a straw, rinse with salt water & good luck!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -cs

afreethinker30

Quote from: "susangail"In about three hours. Ew. So I may or may not be on much today, or this weekend. I don't know how I'll feel.

It's not so bad.I had mine done a couple of years ago.Warm saltwater is a huge help.

curiosityandthecat

I didn't even have to take the horse tranqs they called pain killers.  ;)

Get some mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese from your favorite KFC-ish place and screw any diet for a few days. Good luck!
-Curio

joeactor

Yucky... sorry you've gotta go thru that :-(

I've got a tonne of fillings - even had all of them removed and replaced.

1st thing I hear from every new dentist: "Hey! Did you know you've got all your wisdom teeth in?"

Yep, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Good luck - sleep well,
JoeActor

Evolved

No worries - it will be over before you know it.

In the meantime, don't worry about the HAF.  It'll be here when you get back.
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen

Whitney

Good luck, it really isn't that bad; well, at least for me it wasn't.  I just took my prescription the first day then Advil after that.  

Just remember not to suck on anything (cigs, straws etc).

Will

I kinda hope we get: "Well I'm back, everything went fine" and then five minutes later "Well I'm back, everything went fine".
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

nikkixsugar

Quote from: "laetusatheos"Just remember not to suck on anything.

If you can resist! Nothing like medical innuendos, kids!  :lol:
Hate to tell you, but.....

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

crocofish

I haven't had my wisdom teeth out since I had other teeth taken out in my early teens followed by orthodontics.  That left enough room for the wisdom teeth I guess.  I seen from others that the aftermath of wisdom teeth extraction varies greatly from person to person.  Some people have hardly any problems, and others swell up like a chipmunk.

Good luck, and tell us how it went if you aren't too knocked out.
"The cloud condenses, and looks back on itself, in wonder." -- unknown

Asmodean

I think my wisdom teeth are still well planted inside my mouth too... I think. Because as far as I remember, I never had a tooth pulled.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

McQ

Hope all went well, susan! Relax for a few days and let people pamper you!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

susangail

Thank you so much everyone! I'm doing great! I got them out at around 4:00 PM yesterday. My mouth hurt like mad and I had trouble sleeping, but it barely even hurts today. I'm only a little swollen on one side. I guess I lucked out  :D  I'm dead tired from all the meds I have to take, but it's all good!

The surgery itself was so sweet though, I had an IV and everything! and the anaesthesiologist put the needle in my hand, not my arm. I don't know why but I thought that was awesome (it doesn't take much to fascinate me...) I was a little bummed that I didn't get wheeled out in a wheelchair though, they wanted me to walk out. It was funny, the nurse said I was "giddy" when I came out of the anaesthesia. I don't even remember...

Well, just thought I'd give you all a little sum of my day yesterday. Thanks again!
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

nikkixsugar

Quote from: "susangail"Thank you so much everyone! I'm doing great! I got them out at around 4:00 PM yesterday. My mouth hurt like mad and I had trouble sleeping, but it barely even hurts today. I'm only a little swollen on one side. I guess I lucked out  :D  I'm dead tired from all the meds I have to take, but it's all good!

The surgery itself was so sweet though, I had an IV and everything! and the anaesthesiologist put the needle in my hand, not my arm. I don't know why but I thought that was awesome (it doesn't take much to fascinate me...) I was a little bummed that I didn't get wheeled out in a wheelchair though, they wanted me to walk out. It was funny, the nurse said I was "giddy" when I came out of the anaesthesia. I don't even remember...

Well, just thought I'd give you all a little sum of my day yesterday. Thanks again!

Good luck with the recovery! Just chill, watch some Law and Order, and eat some Ben and Jerry's. Ahhh, life's simple pleasures.
Hate to tell you, but.....

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.