News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Random Questions

Started by Court, August 01, 2006, 07:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

Quote from: "onlyme"laetus, maybe you can answer this:

the logo that is displayed top-left of the home page, which looks like something along the lines of the hell's angels' winged logo, is it the eye of horus?  Or something completely different?

look at http://www.invisiblepinkunicorn.com

Asmodean Prime

That explains it better, squid.  Personally I think that the people you described were totally out of order.  In fact I think anyone who beats his wife for any reason is out of order.  But to use the bible as justification is simply the lowest.

Thanks for clearing it up, anyway.

Asmodean Prime

Ah, the link explains it. So that's what it is, I've heard that mentioned somewhere before on this forum.   As you can see, I'm a naturally curious person.  Sorry if some of my inquisitiveness causes you extra work, but you do a good job of explaining things in response to my (probably stupid sounding) questions.

Squid

Quote from: "onlyme"That explains it better, squid.  Personally I think that the people you described were totally out of order.  In fact I think anyone who beats his wife for any reason is out of order.  But to use the bible as justification is simply the lowest.

Thanks for clearing it up, anyway.

Cool, glad we're on the same page now.

Asmodean Prime

I was just viewing these short video clips from youtube, which state that there is no law in America requiring it's citizens to pay taxes, and that basically, people are being duped into doing this.  I was wondering what you people thought.  This is one that I would especially like to ask of the lawyers on here.

there are several clips in the list, please, if you will, watch them and add your comments and thoughts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N331kGvh0U0&NR

Big Mac

Onlyre, that movie was retarded and alarmist. We are all dumber for having watched it, I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.......
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Whitney

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_i ... ted_States

That link gives a little background on taxation in the USA.  I've heard of the "we don't actually have to pay taxes" conspiracy theory before (the video wasn't playing correctly, so I didn't watch it)...the conspiracy I heard deals with the difference between direct and indirect taxation, I think the wiki article gives enough background to show that taxation is perfectly constitutional.  A government can't run without taxes...it's almost stupid for someone to claim that we aren't legally required to pay them.

Big Mac

I could have sworn it states near the beginning of the constitution that congress will be able to levy taxes, raise an army and a navy, etc. How do you pay for such projects without taxation? People aren't going to just freely donate to help for the greater good.

Squid

Article 16 (1913) - The Congress shall have the power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

I guess they never read the Constitution.

MommaSquid

onlyme, here's a little free advice:  lay off the "Brits are superior campaign" you seem to be on.  You don't have many friends left on this forum.  

Now, go pay your television license fee like a good boy.  The BBC needs money to fund such stellar shows as "Jonathan Creek".

~Jonathan~

QuoteNow, go pay your television license fee like a good boy. The BBC needs money to fund such stellar shows as "Jonathan Creek".

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

And don't forget anything with Graham Norton on it  :D

Big Mac

I forgot who was telling me how great Channel 4 is or something. It sounds just like a mix of Fox and various other stations over here just lumped into one channel.

~Jonathan~

Hiya.  We do have some really good tv over here and the aforementioned BBC is a great resource tv-wise for drama, science/nature programmes, documentaries, politics and current affairs type programmes but there's a helluva lot of dross too plus the Director General (big boss) is a devout Catholic and so there's going to be an increase in religious programming so we're told which doesn't please me I have to say.  Channel 4 isn't what it once was, it is a bit of a mish-mash now.  It used to be quite cutting edge, showing things that no one else dared show but it's become more corporate now, like everything.  What the BBC does well is news and also its radio programmes.  I like Radio 4 and also BBC World Service.

Big Mac

Quote from: "~Jonathan~"Hiya.  We do have some really good tv over here and the aforementioned BBC is a great resource tv-wise for drama, science/nature programmes, documentaries, politics and current affairs type programmes but there's a helluva lot of dross too plus the Director General (big boss) is a devout Catholic and so there's going to be an increase in religious programming so we're told which doesn't please me I have to say.  Channel 4 isn't what it once was, it is a bit of a mish-mash now.  It used to be quite cutting edge, showing things that no one else dared show but it's become more corporate now, like everything.  What the BBC does well is news and also its radio programmes.  I like Radio 4 and also BBC World Service.

It can't beat the intellectual behemoth of MTV! We have Trippin'!

Jassman

Quote from: "MommaSquid"onlyme, here's a little free advice:  lay off the "Brits are superior campaign" you seem to be on.  You don't have many friends left on this forum.  

MommaSquid, don't worry, I'm sure he doesn't think the Brits are superior.

He just forgot about the Canadians for a second. :wink:
[size=75]"You ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?" -Bill Hicks[/size]

[size=75]I'm drowning in the fear of gods. The more I see the less I want. I was not raised