News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Random Questions

Started by Court, August 01, 2006, 07:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

I already answered that.

MommaSquid

Quote from: "onlyme"But you didn't answer my question regarding your avatar.   Does it respresend the UK TV series 'tales of the unexpected', James Bond, Tomb Raider, or something completely different?

Or are you just not saying?

The avatar is a chick with guns...I am also a chick with guns.

See, when you post random questions in the random question thread they get answered.  It's more effective than prayer.

Big Mac

Quote from: "onlyme"
Quote from: "Big Mac"Onlyme, there also are quite a few holocaust denial websites. So using your "logic" (the term is used here so loosely it makes Bill Clinton sport a chub) that means that enough people talk about and believe it, it probably is true. Just like when everyone thought the world was flat and was the center of the universe. Riiiight...

Here's some of the Holocaust denial:

http://www.ihr.org/other/tehrantimesdec05.html

http://www.codoh.com/index.shtml

http://www.zundelsite.org/

http://www.cwporter.com/

http://www.revisionisthistory.org/revisionist4.html

http://www.imperium-europa.org/

See? There are plenty of people who claim a lot of things, doesn't make it true automatically.

And so what if they're might be a civilian inmate labor camp? Prisoners do all kinds of labor all the time. It's not inhumane, it's cost-effective to make them work. That's probably why they're in prison to begin with, too lazy to get a skill or be a human being. Of course you probably feel a kinship with them seeing as you are an ex-mugger.

Bigmac, many of these website seem fundamentally anti-jewish in content and sentiment.  There are many alive today who lived through the holocaust, including American soldiers, who witnessed first hand the liberation of these camps.

also, do you really think you are better off believing the islamist, anti jewish, anti-american camp in these things?

Just a matter for your perusal.

I actually got them off of Wikipedia, I did browse them to find articles that were on the sites listed. Holocaust denial is interesting, in that I PARTIALLY can see how it goes about. I personally think the numbers may have been trumped up a bit or maybe not. Still it happened and it is horrific. But keep in mind the victors of wars write history. Imagine what may or may not have been put in the history books had the Axis powers won. Just as I'm sure the American Revolution is called something else by you Brits and George Washington probably is portrayed in the same light as he is here.

AGAIN, IN BIG LETTERS SO YOU DON'T MISS THE POINT, I AM NOT AN ANTI-SEMITE, IT'S NOT POSSIBLE FOR ME. I'LL LEAVE THAT TO YOUR IMAGINATION.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Jassman

I'm super busy this week, but after glancing through a few of the recent threads tonight, I decided I have to ask onlyme a question (we can ask him questions too, right?).

Quote from: "onlyme"Hey, I now have my own thread for random-*** questions.  Is that cool, or what?

Why did you feel the need to turn "ass" into "***"? Do you see it as a 'bad' word of some sort? What makes "ass", "fuck", or "shit" any worse than, say, "jump" or "feces"? I find it strange that many Christians think that specific words in our language are intrinsically wrong when there is no biblical basis for that type of thinking, at least to my knowledge...

I may not be able to reply for a couple days.
[size=75]"You ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?" -Bill Hicks[/size]

[size=75]I'm drowning in the fear of gods. The more I see the less I want. I was not raised

Court

Quote from: "mommasquid"See, when you post random questions in the random question thread they get answered. It's more effective than prayer

If we had +1's on this forum, that deserved one. :D

Edit: $5 says onlyme asks what a +1 is....
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Asmodean Prime

Court, you're absolutely right.  I don't know what a +1 is, so what is it?  This is, after all MY forum, where I can ask random questions, with or without looking stupid.   I'll have to pay you in Pounds, though, we don't do dollars.

Jassman:  since you asked, I will answer, and I will answer honestly.  I think that we will all have to give an account to God eventually, even for 'every idle word' we speak.   Now, also, as I've said before, I admit that, for my part, it is easier to control the tongue than it is to control other aspects of my life.  Maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better - that I've at least done something - while being guilty of more serious things.  

At least, as far as the things I CAN control, I will at least make an effort.  Also, as I said in an earlier post, from my experience, those who swear either do it to look 'hard', or to 'fit in with the crowd', which is not a sign of strength in my view, but weakness, if you have to 'conform' to those around you.

Does that go some way to clarifying my position?

Asmodean Prime

mommasquid, you know what?  You come across as quite a scary person.

Tell you what, I wouldn't like to meet you in a dark alley.

Why don't you put some pictures in your gallery, so I can see if you are as scary in real life as you are in cyberspace?

Ha ha ha

MommaSquid

Quote from: "onlyme"mommasquid, you know what?  You come across as quite a scary person.
Shall I tell you how you come across?  

Quote from: "onlyme"Tell you what, I wouldn't like to meet you in a dark alley.
I’m smart enough to stay out of dark alleys.

Quote from: "onlyme"Why don't you put some pictures in your gallery, so I can see if you are as scary in real life as you are in cyberspace?
I’ve already answered that.

MommaSquid

Quote from: "Court"
Quote from: "mommasquid"See, when you post random questions in the random question thread they get answered. It's more effective than prayer

If we had +1's on this forum, that deserved one. :D

Danke schön!

Court

Onlyme, you didn't say what exactly is wrong with those words. What makes them "bad"? Does god say, "Now, don't you have a potty mouth, young man" somewhere in the bible that I missed? What, exactly, makes you think he would make you "answer" for saying certain words?
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

MommaSquid

Link

QuoteQ. Where does the Bible list "curse words," and where does it say we should not use foul language? What's the difference between using good or bad words?  

As far as I know, the Bible does not give a list of "swear words" anywhere. But it forbids cursing, swearing, mockery, and generally foul language in many places. For example, in Ephesians 5:2-4, Christians are exhorted to "walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us," and thus "[l]et there be no filthiness, nor silly talk, nor levity, which are not fitting; but instead let there be thanksgiving." In Colossians 3:8 we read: "[P]ut them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and foul talk from your mouth." Among the radical teachings of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount, there is a prohibition of abusive language against any person: "Whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council; and whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire" (Matthew 5:22b). The worst case of cursing and abusive language is against God. In the Old Testament, blasphemy against God is prohibited under pain of death (Leviticus 24:16). The First Commandment includes the warning "You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain" (Exodus 20:7). The righteous Job, despite severe trials testing his faithfulness, refused to curse God when goaded by his wife and thus became an example of true righteousness, because "in all this Job did not sin with his lips" (Job 2:9-10).

So remember, it's OK to hit your kids as long as you don't curse at them.

Court

Quote from: "MommaSquid"So remember, it's OK to hit your kids as long as you don't curse at them.

The Bible: a transcendent guide to marriage and parenting. Want to fuck up your kids and beat your wife? Find justification here!
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

MommaSquid

Sarcasm...it's a beautiful thing.   :D

Asmodean Prime

First, Bigmac, why don't you post some pictures of your brown ass?  Instead of hiding behind a cloak of anonymity?

Mommasquid, are you really a German?  Well, that breaks the ice, for one thing.  I love the German people, I've been there, and have always been interested in every aspect of German culture.  I took my daughter there, and even spent quite some time learning the German language.  They are the second best people on the planet, after the English, of course, which is the superior race.

I went to Cologne, Dusseldorf, Bruhl, and other places.  I love it, and we are planning to go back there this year. I think we will go first to Berchtesgaden, then Hamburg, then Munich.  I love Germany.  Fantastic place.  There is no other higher culture than that found in the German nation....excepting, of course, the English....the epitome of refinement.

Squid

Quote from: "Court"The Bible: a transcendent guide to marriage and parenting. Want to fuck up your kids and beat your wife? Find justification here!

When I worked in a domestic violence program we had an intervention group for batterers.  You'd be surprised (or maybe not) at how many came through there using the bible as justification for their actions.