News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

warning for kids against Atheists (funny)

Started by susangail, March 23, 2008, 04:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susangail

I thought this was funny.....(hope someone hasn't already posted it...)
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

tacoma_kyle

I think the site that that is from is a complete joke. BIG one.

I saw it a few years back, has a bunch of shit about a lamb named 'lambuel' or somethin.

If it is the one I remember, they sell Jesus thongs! lol
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

susangail

Ha ha yeah I wasn't sure if the site was legit but I thought this was funny nonetheless. The church does make Atheists seem like horrible people that are angry and/or sad all the time. I used to think they were evil... Damn I am a hypocrite!
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

ShimShamSam

Hilarious, but true, I am a crotchety old Mr.s Gruff, and I do lash out at children, and I am a grouch. But I enjoy my crotchety grouchiness.

Mister Joy

I think that the site that's from is, mercifully, satirical. I commend whoever made it, in fact. My favourite characters are probably Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew (great pun there) and Habu the Polytheistic Elephant ("I'm so confused! I don't know which one I'm supposed to worship!" and so on).

There are plenty of these 'atheist warnings' knocking around, though. This is a goodun:

tacoma_kyle

.........whoops.........

tacoma_kyle

Haha, that photo looks like it was edited. The hand-looking stuff.

Quote from: "susangail"Ha ha yeah I wasn't sure if the site was legit but I thought this was funny nonetheless. The church does make Atheists seem like horrible people that are angry and/or sad all the time. I used to think they were evil... Damn I am a hypocrite!

About damn time you get it! :badgrin:

susangail

haha yeah I'm pretty slow...

SteveS

I like that Mr. Gruff off the Objective Ministries site --- I think you can buy T-shirts with that goat on them.

ShimShamSam

i would pay good money to have that "Spiritual Safety Tip" about Mr. Gruff on a t-shirt. In the mean time I just got it on my MySpace

ShimShamSam

Oh yeah Susan, and naturally they probably follow your coming out of the closet...so to speak, with the argument that there is no evidence that proves god doesn't exist. They always ask this, it never ails, it's like clockwork, or so the expression goes. Well, there's also no proof that bigfoot or aliens don't exist, should you also believe in those too?

To me the only difference between believing in god and believing in Santa is that people naturally grow out of believing in Santa.

rlrose328

Unfortunately, that site is not satirical.  I thought it HAD to be but it's not... it's real.  And very scary.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Mister Joy

Are you SURE? Because 'accept Jesus, get a free PS2' or whatever all seems a bit much.

rlrose328

No, not SURE sure... but there's too much on that site that IS serious for it to be a parody, don't you think?  I spent a week examining every page of that site before I did a blog on it and there was just too much information all over it that is accurately fundie or gellie for it to be a parody or satire.

Though... hmmm... here is one of my favorite drawings from the kid's art section:

That CAN'T be real, right?  Most of the others seem genuine... but THIS one...

Crap... I don't know anymore.
**Kerri**

rlrose328

Okay, read the "Landover Baptist Church" pages and it seems real... then check out the Creation Science, Project Pterosaur page and it HAS to be fake.  UGH!

EDIT:
Okay... in the name of never letting a dead dog lie, I'm still researching this damned site.  There was once a page on wiki about O:M but was removed for some reason:

http://www.answers.com/topic/objective-ministries

In the External Links, there's a link to O:M about the wiki page.

So... again... is it real?  Or is it parody/satire?  Wiki said satire.  Or is it so underground satire that it won't admit it's satire?  Many of the outside links and ads are for real Christian sites... but as the Wiki states, many of the orgs mentioned on the pages are not real.
**Kerri**