News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

warning for kids against Atheists (funny)

Started by susangail, March 23, 2008, 04:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Joy

Both seem equally fake to me... this chain of logic:

American = Christian!
Internet = American!
therefore,
Internet = Christian!

Pisses me off no end. It's so asinine and childish that I refuse to accept it as serious. 'American = Christian' is evidently false because I'm addressing a whole bunch of non-Christian Americans right now.

'Internet = American' is something I've heard too many times and it's idiotic for two reasons. Firstly it's untrue; 'the internet' isn't a singular invention that was manifested suddenly by one person or group of people, it's an evolutionary development and there have been many people and groups of people involved in moving it forward to where it is today. Secondly, countries don't invent things anyway... They don't have arms or legs. Individual people invent things, so if you want to argue that it 'belongs' to anyone, with the premise that inventor=owner, then you'd have to look to them. And since they are neither exclusively American or exclusively Christian it puts a big nail in the coffin of that argument.

Hmm, that was a bit of a tangential rant... I think I need my meds.

Back to the matter at hand; aside from the comical retardation of its assertions, absolutely everything I see on this website seems to scream satire at me... the 'Free Kent' banners, the words, the name, etc. Especially the illustrations:

Now if that isn't intended to mock childhood indoctrination then I don't know what is. I doubt even the most hard-core atheists could come up with a more entertainingly grotesque cartoon.

And THIS was funny enough to make me spit apple juice all over my desk the first time I saw it: http://objectiveministries.org/babyj/

When it starts to fire the word "Why?" out of its forehead... that's a kicker.

MommaSquid

Did you look at the merchandise in the kids section?  Too cute!  
And then there's this guy....

Mister Joy

I did yeah :D I loved Professer Giraffenstein, after having clicked through the Q&As. I have to believe he's a joke. Otherwise I'd have to use Garry the Gun to shoot myself in the foot and regain my grip on reality.

EDIT: I need to point something else out. In reading about what they think of halloween, and what it should be like, this popped up:

which was captioned by "BOO! I'm John the Baptist, and these are my many exciting exploits..."

I love this website, I've decided.

Yeah sorry about impaling you and all that. I wrote the same apology on the nail I'm doing it with just to make sure it 'sinks in'.

jrosebud

Quote from: "MommaSquid"

I *love* it!  Ha!  :)
"Every post you can hitch your faith on
Is a pie in the sky,
Chock full of lies,
A tool we devise
To make sinking stones fly."

~from A Comet Apears by The Shins

rlrose328

Quote from: "Mister Joy"Especially the illustrations:

Now if that isn't intended to mock childhood indoctrination then I don't know what is. I doubt even the most hard-core atheists could come up with a more entertainingly grotesque cartoon.

But the scariest thing is... I KNOW believers who truly and honestly and seriously believe that there are dinosaurs living right now and that Adam and Eve lived with dinosaurs in the garden of eden... and none were meat-eaters.  Not until that evil bitch Eve listened to that talking snake and gave poor idiot Adam that apple.  That's when every creature on earth who is currently a meat-eater became such.

I was FLOORED when I heard them saying all of this... with a straight and serious face.

I think that's why I'm having such a hard time thinking that site is a parody or satire.  Everything I see on there is stuff I've heard at lesat one fundie or gellie say at some point in the past 4 years or so.

My hubby suggested that someone behind the site is truly trying to do a serious Christian site to lure Christians in to make idiots of themselves.  And if that's not the case, he'd like to do just that someday.  LOL! :crazy:
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Mister Joy

Quote from: "rlrose"But the scariest thing is... I KNOW believers who truly and honestly and seriously believe that there are dinosaurs living right now and that Adam and Eve lived with dinosaurs in the garden of eden... and none were meat-eaters. Not until that evil bitch Eve listened to that talking snake and gave poor idiot Adam that apple. That's when every creature on earth who is currently a meat-eater became such.

WOW... well that gives me new insight. I'd like to hear how they substantiate this... no doubt it plays on people's ignorance a fair deal. Ie. with  'objectiveministries': "Velociraptors: Today terrorize the goat herders of Puerto Rico and are rumored to guard the remains of the Ark on Mt. Ararat." :eek: Yes indeed. Entirely plausible.

I know a fella who hales from Puerto Rico, actually. I'll have to ask him about that next time I see him at the pub. Probably wont go down well, though: "So I hear the goat farmers get a lot of trouble with velociraptors where you come from? Dinosaurs, eh? What a nuisance."

rlrose328

Have you seen photos from the Creation Museum in Kentucky?  Here is their About Us page:  http://www.creationmuseum.org/about    

Next, go here and click on the Creation Museum brochure in the Downloads area.  http://www.creationmuseum.org/plan-your-visit    Once you read that, the Objective: Ministries site doesn't sound so much like satire any more.

Finally, here is a great article/blog about the museum with some good photos of the signs that justify their warped science.  http://arstechnica.com/articles/culture ... museum.ars

Be sure to go to the bottom of the second page where he has a link to his Flickr page with more photos of the ark and more false science.

It's so incredibly frustrating and sad that people believe this crap much less that there is a museum that promotes it as fact.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Tom62

I just wonder why those velociraptors needed those sharp long teeth and claws  for. Probably to defend themselves against fresh fruit.

Mmm.. that reminds me of the famous Monthy Python self defence sketch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bCyIAsSid8

"Now, self-defence. Tonight I shall be carrying on from where we got to last week when I was showing you how to defend yourselves against anyone who attacks you with armed with a piece of fresh fruit."
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein