News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

man i'm angry

Started by Ezequiel Medvietzky, February 08, 2008, 11:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

Quote from: "Sophie"I disagree in general with the "school is a waste of time" thing - for those of us with dysfunctional families (abuse, neglect, serious stuff not just whining), school served as a safe place where teachers cared about us (for the most part) and we had a chance to feel like we could achieve something, could learn how to ask for help, could walk on equal ground with the other kids whose parents came to every school function, etc...  Just my personal opinion, but I think school serves an important purpose.  The stuff I learned in English, literature, biology, and math, served as a great basis for college and my adult life.

So there!  :)

I enjoyed school also, for both the learning and the social aspects. Didn't think it was a waste of time. I know how people can end up feeling that way, especially if they have bad experiences with the occasional crappy teacher, but I'd have to say it was fun for me.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

heavenandhell

So I did not say that properly.. for me school was a great place to meet my mates and get 7 hours of the day out of the way..  I did well in it but now in life I use very little of it.  So in that aspect it was a waste of time.  I had no support from teachers.. unless you were a total kiss arse you were not going to get anything extra from them then what you needed to pass the class.
Heaven

Smarmy Of One

I guess that's life in a theocracy.

Smarmy Of One

QuoteSchool is generally useless.

You only get out of anything what you are willing to put into it.