News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on May 09, 2018, 07:37:07 PM
Amazon has missed two deliveries in as many weeks. Last week it was a movie so I really didn't care. Yesterday it was a piece of test equipment that I needed TODAY. The latest I've heard is that it'll be here on Friday which means the job will have to wait until sometime next week.
It is as bad iver here sometimes, they are getting to big and maybe not investing enough in paying decent wages or customer service. Their own couriers here change constantly and have been known to report things as signed for that I have never received. Once there cocked it up so much I ended up getting the same thing replaced twice - then was told I could keep the extra items oir free. Since it was books I was buying for the local school they scored well!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 09, 2018, 05:21:11 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 09, 2018, 04:56:51 AM
Up at 1 a.m. putting together a presentation for tomorrow. Yesterday and the day before I got less sleep than I'm used to so now there's a debt to pay...

Yes, caffeine please. :P

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Hey, for me that spells, "N, n, no. NO!"

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on May 12, 2018, 04:26:17 PM

:lol: To me, it's as if it's saying, "I'm the organic chemistry that haunts your dreams!"
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 12, 2018, 04:27:56 PM
Quote from: Dave on May 12, 2018, 04:26:17 PM

:lol: To me, it's as if that's saying, "I'm the organic chemistry that haunts your dreams!"

:snicker1:
Organic chemistry is your friend in this case: that's caffeine.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

I need to find a nice dry, remote cave to live in until the mass media, and public, madness over the "Royal Wedding" .

Need vehicle access to get all the vino, food and books to. But no electronics except an SAR beacon - just in case.

Impossible to listen to the radio, any of my chosen channels, without some, often repeated, clip about some aspect of the royal ding dong or other aspect of marriage in general!

Icarus

Dave you have herewith met the stringent requirements of my very own Old Curmudgeons Club.  Usually know as OCC,  Sometimes called the MOFC or miserable old farts club.  I join you in unwelcome nausea at all the senseless kerfuffel about the royal wedding.

I am also thinking in terms of a warm and dry cave somewhere until all this madness blows over.   As an added incentive  or cave dwelling, I/we would not have to endure the breathless hourly reports about the narcissistic, misanthropic Trump person.   Can you believe that he has been mentioned for the Nobel Peace prize by many of his acolytes? 

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on May 18, 2018, 12:25:51 AM
As an added incentive  or cave dwelling, I/we would not have to endure the breathless hourly reports about the narcissistic, misanthropic Trump person.   Can you believe that he has been mentioned for the Nobel Peace prize by many of his acolytes?

:rimshot:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Yesterday a surgeon who specializes in optical surgeries removed A basil cell carcinoma from one of my eyelids.  I was concerned about how in hell he was going to chop out a piece of my eyelid and then use a needle to close the wound with sutures.  (12 of them) .... How does one do that without spearing the eyeball which is touching the eyelid?  Easy for him, I learned. Push the eyeball back into the head cavity until there is some clearance for the wicked little curved needle.  Who knew?  What I discovered is that it is painful, but not unbearable.

Today I have a big patch bandage  over my right eye and it is making me grumpy.  Hooray I get to remove it tomorrow and then gunk the wound up four times a day with expensive Erythromyacin ointment and wait for the incision to heal sufficiently to have the sutures removed.   I suppose the dude is going to push my eyeball back again while the stitches are removed.  Oh Joy.

I am also grumpy because the eye patch is white .  If it had been black I could have spent the few days talking like a pirate as in ....."Avast me Hearties,  time to"splice the main brace".

Both my eyes are better than average for an octogenarian but with only one eye to use, for now, my depth perception is compromised.  Dammit I cannot, or better to say. dare not, drive to the booze store to get suitable internal medicine.

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on May 18, 2018, 02:49:19 AM
...Dammit I cannot, or better to say. dare not, drive to the booze store to get suitable internal medicine.
Walk, Icarus, walk.  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tom62

After more than 15 years, I finally got my salary increase. I didn't expect too much, even though the costs of living have more than doubled over time, but the 50 Euro per month increase was much less than what I hoped for >:(.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on May 18, 2018, 02:49:19 AM
Yesterday a surgeon who specializes in optical surgeries removed A basil cell carcinoma from one of my eyelids.  I was concerned about how in hell he was going to chop out a piece of my eyelid and then use a needle to close the wound with sutures.  (12 of them) .... How does one do that without spearing the eyeball which is touching the eyelid?  Easy for him, I learned. Push the eyeball back into the head cavity until there is some clearance for the wicked little curved needle.  Who knew?  What I discovered is that it is painful, but not unbearable.

Today I have a big patch bandage  over my right eye and it is making me grumpy.  Hooray I get to remove it tomorrow and then gunk the wound up four times a day with expensive Erythromyacin ointment and wait for the incision to heal sufficiently to have the sutures removed.   I suppose the dude is going to push my eyeball back again while the stitches are removed.  Oh Joy.

I am also grumpy because the eye patch is white .  If it had been black I could have spent the few days talking like a pirate as in ....."Avast me Hearties,  time to"splice the main brace".

Both my eyes are better than average for an octogenarian but with only one eye to use, for now, my depth perception is compromised.  Dammit I cannot, or better to say. dare not, drive to the booze store to get suitable internal medicine.

I wish you a speedy recovery, Icarus. I notice that you still type perfectly, as usual. I hope that your shortage of "medication" can be resolved speedily.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Well, Icarus, glad to hear they got the bugger out. Clever guys, these surgrons, but they often do have to cause pain to cure.

Tom, this is a story I have heard before - makes me feel a little guilty at complsining about the 2% we used to get e ery yesr, below inflation but . . . As a pensioner I have got used to price rises exceeding income increase every year, but I think thst's a paltry reward for those years of service. Except for one job, where I near doubled my salary in three years (standard pay increases + promotion + merit awards), I realised the only way to better pay was to change jobs. Too often the only incentive to stay in a job is the fear of not getting another. A poor incentive.

Dave

Just thought. I have a ID card neckstrap thing with "Old Fart" printed rrpeatedly along it (a gift from friend). Loads of people seen wearing straps in town - sort of badge of merit "I have a job where I need to be identified". So, got a graphics program, got a printer, got a laminator . , .

Think I am about to become the first member of "GOOF"  - "Grumpy Order of Old Farts".

No one

Saw some poor clod the other day with a flat on their donut.