News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 13, 2017, 02:57:18 PM
Basically this entire month I'm not going to have a full weekend when I can stay at home and rest. 'Tis life.
I can't remember the last weekend that my wife didn't have something work related to do  :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on May 13, 2017, 03:03:00 PM
Basically this entire month I'm not going to have a full weekend when I can stay at home and rest. 'Tis life.
I can't remember the last weekend that my wife didn't have something work related to do  :(

It sucks but sometimes there's just no choosing schedules. :(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 13, 2017, 03:11:03 PM

It's just the sheer volume of stuff she has to do. She brings it home with her.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on May 13, 2017, 03:21:56 PM

I say we should move to a planet with longer days.

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 13, 2017, 03:34:22 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 13, 2017, 03:21:56 PM

I say we should move to a planet with longer days.
Or stay here and do less work!

Biggus Dickus

Agreed Tank,... if we move to a planet with longer days that will simply mean more time each day to work, and we'll still be bringing it home with us on weeknights, and weekends....I say if we are moving to a new planet it has to be one where work is not allowed. A planet with fresh water oceans, and beaches with sand that stays cool to the touch, a planet without mosquitoes and poison ivy...AND no kats or Abba 8) (I can't let that rest, sorry)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

Quote from: Father Bruno on May 13, 2017, 08:28:31 PM
..AND no kats or Abba 8) (I can't let that rest, sorry)

Whaaatt?   :o

No one

Father Bruno:

A planet without rap too, that would be divine.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on May 13, 2017, 04:28:06 PM

:notsure:

I think that for some people moving to another planet is the easier option.  :P

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on May 13, 2017, 10:02:30 PM
Father Bruno:

A planet without rap too, that would be divine.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 14, 2017, 02:49:13 AM
Quote from: Tank on May 13, 2017, 04:28:06 PM

:notsure:

I think that for some people moving to another planet is the easier option.  :P
:rofl: I suspect you are right!

Arturo

I wasn't going to say this yesterday cuz I was busy but now it's morning and I'm pissed about it. My ex-step-mom, aka dad's broken and tired relationship that he holds into like a life jacket, is one of those people who just have to be in charge of everything. She doesn't even live here and is telling us to take out the trash.

Why does that bother me? She flips out about not getting her way. So when I hear her to tell me to take out the trash, I remember how fucking pissy she gets at me. And it's not like I don't try to disconnect, but when she's not telling me what to do, she's trying to develop an emotional connection with me. She's making me "codependent" by having to constantly be one step ahead of her.

When she lived here, I used to have to tell her to not come in my room while I'm changing and she did it anyway. She was always crossing lines I set for her. She doesn't know how to mind her own business and I just get mad. My Dad is no help either because he just rolls over whenever she runs to him about "Arturo is challenging me"  and does literally nothing. If she has a problem she should come to me instead of playing these mind games to put pressure on me.

But luckily I may have a solution. My friend told me about a book that helped her with her codependency and I've been looking up information about the issue. I'm also going to ask for therapy from my community health center so I can get to the point where I can set boundaries again and be more assertive when my Dad does get involved when that happens. I think that is my biggest issue is that my Dad gets involved when I try to stick up for myself, or even do things I want to do, and gets mad as if it's not working or something I don't know. Anyways now that I've written it out I get a better grasp of the situation so I'll be telling my Dad to back off.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on May 15, 2017, 12:24:49 PM
...I'm also going to ask for therapy from my community health center so I can get to the point where I can set boundaries again and be more assertive...
This is good, Arturo:smilenod:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on May 15, 2017, 06:22:57 PM
Quote from: Arturo on May 15, 2017, 12:24:49 PM
...I'm also going to ask for therapy from my community health center so I can get to the point where I can set boundaries again and be more assertive...
This is good, Arturo:smilenod:
Yup, go for it, Arturo!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

This is not an angry post but a post-post to the last post I made post-yesterday.

Instead of trying for the community health center, I went to my old counselor and made an appointment for the 27th. The community health center usually takes forever to get anyone anywhere and when you finally get into counseling, it only lasts for 3 months.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱