News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Hope your day is better Glowchester...when you're up to it go out and buy yourself a nice scotch on me, just charge it to the HAF account. 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on May 04, 2017, 01:11:04 PM
Hope your day is better Glowchester...when you're up to it go out and buy yourself a nice scotch on me, just charge it to the HAF account. 8)

Thanks for your unbounded generosity on behalf of all other HAFfers, FB, I shall enjoy a shot in the name of you all. I'll send you the bill to clear it with everyone.

Got virtually no sleep last night so spent day on bed reading, nibbling, drinking (fruit juice), listening to the radio and dozing - mostly the latter. Constant pain gone, now level 3 when I try to walk, which means I can at least get to the fridge and the loo - the two essential destinations in life - if carefully and slowly, with crutches.

Thanks again!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Sounds painful Gloucester. You'll get through it, uh, what did you say you were last time? I'll just say you're a veteran of life.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on May 05, 2017, 12:50:36 AM
Sounds painful Gloucester. You'll get through it, uh, what did you say you were last time? I'll just say you're a veteran of life.

Thanks, Arturo, see "Cheerful" thread :)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

I just realised it's Saturday.  :o

And for some reason here I was thinking it was only Friday night!  :sad sigh:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dragonia

^^^XSP, i HATE it when that happens!

I'm not sure I'm grumpy about this, but I sure am miserable:
Poison ivy all over my arms. I thought I was being careful with gloves and then washing my arms thoroughly after clearing a strip of weeds to plant some gourds. I hope these stupid gourds are worth it.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dragonia on May 07, 2017, 12:40:49 AM
^^^XSP, i HATE it when that happens!

YES! I think it's because I worked this morning. God what a sinking feeling.   

QuoteI'm not sure I'm grumpy about this, but I sure am miserable:
Poison ivy all over my arms. I thought I was being careful with gloves and then washing my arms thoroughly after clearing a strip of weeds to plant some gourds. I hope these stupid gourds are worth it.

Is there some type of antidote?  :o

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

Calimine lotion might help diminish the misery a little bit.  That is an old time remedy that actually works to relieve the yukky ooze that is often part of the poison oak, poison ivy exposure. It is a cheap over the counter remedy that has been in use for ages.

What will you do with gourds? Are you going to use them to make Martin houses or something. You could use them for maracas when dried sufficiently. That's if you are in a Mariachi band. 

Dragonia

Oh, I'm all over the calamine lotion...... or maybe I should say, the calamine lotion is all over me!
I have never heard of a mustard treatment..... maybe you recommend that for every ailment, JJ? Maybe you just really like mustard?  :o

And yes Icarus, I plan to make a little colony of Martin houses. However, since I don't know how many gourds one plant will actually produce, and since I have planted about 12 plants, I may have MANY extra gourds. But I can paint them and give them as gift birdhouses or just put the word out that I have free gourds for anyone to have. It's kind of my experiment for this growing season.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dragonia on May 08, 2017, 01:09:32 AM
Oh, I'm all over the calamine lotion...... or maybe I should say, the calamine lotion is all over me!

Heh :grin:

How long does the allergic(?) reaction last generally?

Dragonia

The blisters and rash and itching can last for up to 3 weeks. And unfortunately, my skin likes to make the misery last.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dragonia on May 08, 2017, 02:18:41 AM
The blisters and rash and itching can last for up to 3 weeks. And unfortunately, my skin likes to make the misery last.

3 weeks?! :o

That sucks, Dragonia. :therethere:

xSilverPhinx

It's going to be a long and intense day tomorrow, one of those days you wish was over soon but seems to be infinitely long.

xSilverPhinx

Basically this entire month I'm not going to have a full weekend when I can stay at home and rest. 'Tis life.