News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harmonie

Hey, samba is kind of cool from what I heard of it in my World Music class.

(meaning I don't know much about it. I'll let you, actually being from the area?, have your opinion =P)

Country music is terrible. That music has no redeeming features whatsoever. Too bad because country related genres and artists like John Denver and Bluegrass are actually likable. IMO.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Tom62

Quote from: No one on February 10, 2017, 03:11:59 AM
Rap is not now, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be, music!

I approve this message!
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

"Rap is not now, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be, music!" Said, No one.

...And who is No one? Someone who excludes himself/herself, always, from the human race. Yes?  :eyebrow:

...So...
Yeah.
Sure, I'll take your comment into consideration.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on February 10, 2017, 03:00:44 AM
I hope that Mags is not reading this. She will rip me for dissing rap.
:lol:
I'm not gonna do that.
~Haven't you heard? I'm on vacation from my problems lately... ;D

I'm beginning to feel better.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on February 10, 2017, 03:00:44 AM
^ Thank you for that vid xSP. I am pleased with a lot of the BN music.  There were some  notable BN  musical  stars back in the day in the US. One of my favorites was Brasil 66. The superstar for me was Caterina Valente, a pretty young woman who was skillful with guitar and she had a marvelous voice.  Another was Astrud Gilberto, a vocalist that was good at what she did which was mostly BN and similar.  Brazil has blessed us with more than orange juice and granite kitchen counter tops.( I have some of both those in my kitchen) You have talent down there.

Granite kitchen counter tops? :lol: Is there any other way to make kitchen counters?:P

Some of them are really talented songwriters and composers, some are even notable poets, but BN music just doesn't tickle my fancy. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Harmonie on February 10, 2017, 04:43:02 AM
Hey, samba is kind of cool from what I heard of it in my World Music class.

(meaning I don't know much about it. I'll let you, actually being from the area?, have your opinion =P)

:P Well, millions seem to like it so maybe they're on to something.

Biggus Dickus

What a week, and the fact that it is Friday is no consolation either as I'll be working from home tomorrow, and the headaches Monday is going to bring are only 2 days away as next week has the potential to be even more hectic and demandng than this week.

Not really grumpy though, more like frazzled, worn-out,... tired of winter too (Where the fuck's the snow I want to know?)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Guardian85

Quote from: Tom62 on February 10, 2017, 05:49:14 AM

I approve this message!
Motion seconded!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Magdalena

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 10, 2017, 05:15:51 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on February 10, 2017, 05:49:14 AM

I approve this message!
Motion seconded!

Oh, you guys!
I just want to let the rest of the world know that not everyone here agrees with you.
I'm one of them.
~That's all.
Thank you.
Happy Friday.

:dance1:

No one

Mags:
Oh, you guys!
I just want to let the rest of the world know that not everyone here agrees with you.
I'm one of them.
~That's all.
Thank you.

Well, you know what I say: You can either agree with me, or you can be wrong.

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on February 10, 2017, 10:07:23 PM
Mags:
Oh, you guys!
I'm one of them.
~That's all.
Thank you.

Well, you know what I say: You can either agree with me, or you can be wrong.
You want me to agree with no one?

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

So I took my dog, who is paralysed from the hip to the tail, outside so she could relieve herself. After that was done (or at least I thought she was) I took her to her mat and as soon as she plopped down she relieved herself a second time, all over herself, her mat (which is easy to clean, thankfully) and the floor, which was just scrubbed this morning. ::) 

Harmonie

Oh lord. Don't go down that road. I've even gotten into arguments with my dad over this.

If I could so easily define genres I don't like as not music I'd gladly say that metal with screaming and dubstep are not music. But we don't get to do that. Music is not defined that way.

Rap has melody, it has rhythm. It is music. We don't get to define it any other way.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

No one

Harmonie:
Oh lord. Don't go down that road. I've even gotten into arguments with my dad over this.

If I could so easily define genres I don't like as not music I'd gladly say that metal with screaming and dubstep are not music. But we don't get to do that. Music is not defined that way.

Rap has melody, it has rhythm. It is music. We don't get to define it any other way.

See above, please