News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Batman US cinema shooting: 12 dead in Colorado

Started by Tank, July 20, 2012, 02:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebird

Quote from: Ali on July 21, 2012, 03:50:39 PM
Her boyfriend died.   The paper said that he was killed laying on top of her to protect her.  I just can't even imagine.  :'(

That's so horrible to hear. Can't imagine what his family and friends must be feeling.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on July 21, 2012, 04:16:41 PM
Yes, the world has definitely gotten smaller.
The world is still the same. Many of us just happen to know more people online than in our own neighbourhoods.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Ali What was the girlfriend's name?
I'm pretty sure we just saw her on the UK news.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on July 21, 2012, 08:11:37 PM
Ali What was the girlfriend's name?
I'm pretty sure we just saw her on the UK news.

oh whoa, really?
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Buddy

Of course! Because, you know, it's not like these people are mourning or anything. Let's just make their lives even worse now.  ::)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Firebird

Quote from: Dobermonster on July 22, 2012, 05:02:49 AM
As if it couldn't get any worse . . .  :-[

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-westboro-church-plans-to-picket-the-aurora-shooting-memorial-service

Those assholes picketed outside my high school once (long after I graduated, thankfully). Talk about the scum of the earth.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Ali on July 22, 2012, 05:24:20 AM
Those people are pigs.
Don't insult pigs.  :P

Those people are people. They just happen to be horrible, heartless people. I don't know why they are allowed to exist.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 22, 2012, 07:57:18 AM
Those people are pigs.

Those people are people. They just happen to be horrible, heartless people. I don't know why they are allowed to exist.
Spot on! Don't insult pigs, they are the source of bacon!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on July 22, 2012, 08:25:19 AM
Those people are pigs.

Spot on! Don't insult pigs, they are the source of bacon!!!

Haha. Aw, poor delicious piggies.

OldGit

Pity the loony didn't open fire on the Westboro mob.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: OldGit on July 22, 2012, 10:34:13 AM
Pity the loony didn't open fire on the Westboro mob.

Then the survivors could picket themselves and I don't think the irony would even occur to them.

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

En_Route

Those people are pigs.
Don't insult pigs.  :P

Sadly, in some parts of the world,  some people might feel the same about you or me.  I am quite happy to live in a society where people are allowed to live irrespective of the extent to which others might find their views shocking or repugnant.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).