News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's with all the cutlery?

Started by BonaireBound, April 11, 2012, 07:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonaireBound

Ok, granted, I am brand spankin new here, so maybe I just haven't poked around the site enuff...

but can someone explain all the spoons? I even saw a knife. I get the HAF logo merged with the Darwin fish....but why spoons? Thank you!

Buddy

We get our spoons when we reach 1000 posts and The Magic Pudding customizes them for us.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

It's a sort of evolved culture driven by the unique creative talents of the members allowed to run riot  ;D

Feel free to add your unique flavour to the continuum!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

BonaireBound

Oh, okay, cool. Thanks for the answer!

OldGit

In my case, it's what Nursie feeds me with.

Tank

Quote from: BonaireBound on April 11, 2012, 08:02:28 PM
Oh, okay, cool. Thanks for the answer!
Actually your question raises a more important issue. That is how does one join in with an established group, in this case a forum? It's difficult, it really is. And you know I don't have a 'sound bite' answer. One attribute of people who succeed here is to be those willing to be open and honest. I'm sure there are others.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Jimmy

When the conversations  get deep, they're a gentle reminder that we need to take the time to eat :)
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

Buddy

Quote from: Jimmy on April 11, 2012, 08:18:13 PM
When the conversations  get deep, they're a gentle reminder that we need to take the time to eat :)

I like your spoon Jimmy.  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Tank, I agree.  I think being open and honest are the biggest things.  Also being friendly helps.  :)

Jimmy

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 11, 2012, 08:21:28 PM

Thanks!! Amicale sent me an assortment to choose from. They're like training spoons :P
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

Ali

Haha, forgot to say the most important part.

Hi Bonaire Bound!  Welcome and I hope you enjoy your time here and get your own flatware soon enough.

Tank

Quote from: Ali on April 11, 2012, 08:23:11 PM
Tank, I agree.  I think being open and honest are the biggest things.  Also being friendly helps.  :)
I think being friendly is good. Being civil helps. Realising that people aren't always perfect helps to.

Buddy

Quote from: Jimmy on April 11, 2012, 08:24:04 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 11, 2012, 08:21:28 PM

Thanks!! Amicale sent me an assortment to choose from. They're like training spoons :P

I like the idea of training spoons.

Ali

Quote from: Tank on April 11, 2012, 08:25:56 PM
Quote from: Ali on April 11, 2012, 08:23:11 PM
I think being friendly is good. Being civil helps. Realising that people aren't always perfect helps to.

Except me.  Realizing that I *am* perfect will get you far in life.

(I'm in a slappy mood this afternoon, aren't I? ;D)

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on April 11, 2012, 08:28:07 PM

Except me.  Realizing that I *am* perfect will get you far in life.

(I'm in a slappy mood this afternoon, aren't I? ;D)

It's like you are the Asmo. Except not made out of clay. Or grumpy. Or grey.