News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Another month of Jingle Bells?!

Started by Fininho, December 02, 2010, 04:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fininho

Please!
Do I have to be bombarded with Christmas Carols whatever shopping mall I go?!!
Is there one for non-conformists, for Pete's sake?!
What can I do to defend my rights?
[size=150]More baking powder, less religion; more bakeries, less churches.[/size]

MariaEvri

what annoys me more is that theyre the
same
couple
of songs
played in all stores
every half an hour
every year
AAAAAAGH
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Whitney

Don't shop at places that play Christmas music if you don't like it.  Privately owned stores can play whatever they want.  

I personally like the secular holiday songs, I have a pandora station set up specifically to only play songs that don't have god, jesus etc in them.

Will

I'm probably nuts, but I love it. I go shopping at the store and hear Christmas music, then I drive home with Christmas music, and then I open iTunes and listen to more Christmas music when I get home.

I hear those sleigh bells jingling, ring ting tingling too. I'm probably nuts.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

SSY

Quote from: "Will"I'm probably nuts, but I love it. I go shopping at the store and hear Christmas music, then I drive home with Christmas music, and then I open iTunes and listen to more Christmas music when I get home.

I'm probably nuts. I hear those sleigh bells jingling, ring ting tingling too.

You sicken me.   :)

I can't bear it when people come down the road, make a racket, then knock on my door expecting financial remuneration for the nuisance they caused me. Yes, I am an old man before my time.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Asmodean

Except for decorations everywhere and an excuse to buy overly expensive crap for my friends, the jingly-tingly time is to me associated with cold, snow, work and all kinds of misery - just like any other time of winter.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

hismikeness

Quote from: "Fininho"What can I do to defend my rights?

Do you mean your right to not be subjected to holiday music? Wear headphones and listen to whatever you want!
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Cecilie

They don't do that at the malls here.
The world's what you create.

Will

Quote from: "hismikeness"Do you mean your right to not be subjected to holiday music?
Shh... the 28th Amendment is supposed to be a secret!
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Fininho

Quote from: "Will"I'm probably nuts, but I love it. I go shopping at the store and hear Christmas music, then I drive home with Christmas music, and then I open iTunes and listen to more Christmas music when I get home.

I hear those sleigh bells jingling, ring ting tingling too. I'm probably nuts.
You look nuts, Will  lol
[No offence]

There are large retail shops which have centralised music sent to every outlet via telephone lines.
I avoid those.
[Clicks Store here in South Africa is one of them.]
[size=150]More baking powder, less religion; more bakeries, less churches.[/size]

Fininho

Quote from: "Asmodean"Except for decorations everywhere and an excuse to buy overly expensive crap for my friends, the jingly-tingly time is to me associated with cold, snow, work and all kinds of misery - just like any other time of winter.
Decorations at the Vatican and other Christian nations [France, Spain, etc.] are offensive as far as wasting resources and global warming.
There should be a law forbidding Christian countries using Chinese Christmas products!!

Croaker

I try to control my intake of Christmas music. I generally like it, even the spiritual tunes. This time of year is a pain in the ass for us in the food industry, since we have tons of Christmas parties and weddings - I've got three wedding cakes I've got to do the three days leading up to New Years. Ugh. At least we don't have to listen to music all day...

I used to do retail, and I really hated the music then, since the stores I worked in only had a hour-or-so long soundtrack that'd loop all day. I haven't done that in a while, and to be honest, I now kind of enjoy a trip to the mall in the weeks just prior to Christmas. Something about all the people being out, the craziness, it's kind of fun. I do my shopping online, so I mostly go out just to ride the wave of madness for a bit.

Now I can just tune the radio to one of the stations for a bit to get my fill, then go back to whatever else I was listening to.

Favorite song? I've always liked "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" or whatever it's called.  :P

LegendarySandwich

I like a lot of the instrumental Christmas songs. I'm not sure what they're called, but you probably know what I'm talking about.

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"I like a lot of the instrumental Christmas songs. I'm not sure what they're called, but you probably know what I'm talking about.

My dad used to have an album that would be played every christmas that was all instrumental and I quite liked it for some holiday background noise. Mannheim steamroller, I think it was.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Fininho

Yes, I can tolerate instrumental Christmas songs, but not the same ones every day for a full month!
And then you have the mall that has central sound, plus individual shops with their own repertoire going on at the same time - as you walk along!!