News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

1,000 Posts From Essie Mae

Started by Recusant, December 11, 2015, 03:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

You've been a welcome addition to this little corner of the 'net, Essie Mae. I've enjoyed reading your descriptions of how you cope with having moved away from faith while maintaining good relations with believing family members, as well as appreciating your droll sense of humour.

Here's to many more!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Crow

Retired member.

Magdalena

Congratulations, Essie Mae.
Let's have some tea to celebrate.  ;)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on December 11, 2015, 04:21:48 PM
Congratulations, Essie Mae!!!!!

Oh...my Asmo!
Davin, your dancing has improved tremendously!  :smilenod:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on December 11, 2015, 07:12:33 PM

Oh...my Asmo!
That's when I start to feel the beats and just let myself go. Also after drinking a bunch of vodka.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on December 11, 2015, 09:28:06 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 11, 2015, 07:12:33 PM

Oh...my Asmo!
That's when I start to feel the beats and just let myself go. Also after drinking a bunch of vodka.
The same thing happens to me.  :smilenod:
I'm gonna dance a lot this weekend...to celebrate Essie Mae's 1,000 posts, of course.  ;D

OldGit

Well done, Essie May!  You're a good sport and and generally not bad for Hertfordshire! ;D

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Essie Mae

Wow!!! Thank you all for such a wonderful party - good food, fireworks and the best dancing EVER. I'm exhausted, but in a good way. It'll take for ever to clear up and dispose of the empties, bt it was so worth it.  :cheers:
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Icarus

I'm late to the party but I wish you the very best Essie Mae. Keep the posts coming. You are an officially certified, and valued, HAFer.

Let this ancient colonial wish you and yours a happy holiday.