News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Hello to all

Started by gerrit, October 28, 2009, 10:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrit

Hello,

Everyone here seems pretty pleasant, thanks for that. I'm Gerrit, from Grand Rapids, MI. I like all sorts of interesting things, in particular philosophy and mathematics - the latter is my college major - as well as fair and honest discussions.

I'm from a creationist, Bible-is-infallible Christian family (my father is a pastor...oops) and everyone I know is Christian to some degree or another, so I hope to find people here who are more receptive to discussion.

Thanks for reading,
Gerrit

Recusant

Hello, and welcome, gerrit.   :)

There are more than a couple of members here with very similar backgrounds to yours, including the part about having a minister/pastor for a father.  So you've found some kindred spirits, all right.  I hope you enjoy participating in the discussions on Happy Atheist Forum, and I look forward to hearing your point of view.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

LoneMateria

Welcome to the forum from sunny and 75 degrees Florida :P.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

curiosityandthecat

-Curio

Renegnicat

[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]