News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Register the Unborn?

Started by AnimatedDirt, May 08, 2012, 09:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimatedDirt

No Birth Certificate Required

QuoteThe White House Visitors Office requires that an unborn child—still residing in utero—must be counted as a full human being when its parents register for a White House tour, according to documents obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

What?  If so, a pregnant woman can drive in the carpool lane...claim as a dependant...(just off the top of my head) the list goes on and gets more weird as this "logic" is taken to its logical extremes.

Can anyone explain the 'logic' behind this?

Ecurb Noselrub

Asmodean

I'm curious, those visitor passes, you pin them to your clothes, right?

...So how are you supposed to get one on a fetus? And what manner of gynecology does the gate guard have to perform to check it?  ???
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

In case the woman gives birth within the premises and the baby attempts to assassinate the president?
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

ThinkAnarchy

QuoteUpdate: The National Right to Life Committee released a statement on Tuesday afternoon about Shafer's email, highlighting the fact that the "Obama White House recognizes [a] 'baby that has not been born' for White House security purposes, but tolerates legal abortion to [the] moment 
of birth in District of Columbia."

I can't argue with this update. I wonder when they will start requiring forms be filled out for parasites when visiting the uninteresting areas of the White House.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

hismikeness

I would think it would be insurance reasons.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: hismikeness on May 09, 2012, 04:21:26 AM

If that were the case, wouldn't a pregnancy box be sufficient? Are you pregnant? yes or no... 
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

The Magic Pudding

The Secret Service had trouble with the brain controlling symbiotes that they routinely implant into all visitors to the white house.  The symbiote would sometimes attach itself to the unborn child, leaving the mother free to think for herself.  Now pregnant women are being identified through documentation and scans so two or more symbiotes can be implanted as required.

hismikeness

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on May 09, 2012, 04:23:18 AM

If that were the case, wouldn't a pregnancy box be sufficient? Are you pregnant? yes or no... 

I was thinking more along the lines of fire codes and stuff. If you count the fetus as a person you're better of than if you didn't and got sued for not having adequate coverage for x amount of people. Or something like that.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Tank

Quote from: hismikeness on May 09, 2012, 05:50:26 AM
Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on May 09, 2012, 04:23:18 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of fire codes and stuff. If you count the fetus as a person you're better of than if you didn't and got sued for not having adequate coverage for x amount of people. Or something like that.
This sounds the most reasonable explanation.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

technolud

Update from the Huffington Post.  Bizarre

This notation device "simply serves as a placeholder for the baby once it's born," Milien said. "All White House guests are required to provide information at the time of their request for the tour, including for children and infants, and those expected to be on the tour once born."

Milien said the White House has thousands of visitors every day and that people sign up for tours months in advance, often canceling and rescheduling. By having a placeholder ready for a baby-to-be, it prevents delays when people might otherwise show up for the tour with a child not previously listed, he said.

"This policy was implemented so if you want to bring your children on a tour, we can account for them," he said.

Tank

Ah! So if you're 6 months pregnant and booking 6 months in advance there is a high probability that you'll turn up with a 3 month old kid when you visit. Thus all one has to do update the details collected when the child was still inside mum.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

I've heard of the baby bomb and they probably have too, they keep an ear out for that sort of thing.

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: technolud on May 09, 2012, 08:29:53 AM
Update from the Huffington Post.  Bizarre

This notation device "simply serves as a placeholder for the baby once it's born," Milien said. "All White House guests are required to provide information at the time of their request for the tour, including for children and infants, and those expected to be on the tour once born."

Milien said the White House has thousands of visitors every day and that people sign up for tours months in advance, often canceling and rescheduling. By having a placeholder ready for a baby-to-be, it prevents delays when people might otherwise show up for the tour with a child not previously listed, he said.

"This policy was implemented so if you want to bring your children on a tour, we can account for them," he said.

That makes more sense. Thanks.

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on May 09, 2012, 08:40:59 AM
Ah! So if you're 6 months pregnant and booking 6 months in advance there is a high probability that you'll turn up with a 3 month old kid when you visit. Thus all one has to do update the details collected when the child was still inside mum.
That actually makes all kinds of sense.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-