News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Free CD featuring multi-physics simulation projects

Started by Amicale, May 08, 2012, 05:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

I got an email from Sci-Am this morning.

QuoteOver 700 papers, posters, and presentations on engineering simulations are now available. (2012 edition)

Request your complimentary copy of the all-new Conference CD at:

www.comsol.com/conference/cd

Topics featured:

AC/DC Electromagnetics
    Acoustics and Vibrations
    Batteries, Fuel Cells, and Electrolytic Processes
    Biotechnology
    Chemical Engineering and Reactor Design
    Electromagnetic Heating
    Fluid Flow
    Geophysics and Geomechanics
    Heat Transfer and Phase Change

MEMS and Nanotechnology
    Microfluidics
    Multiphysics
    Optics, Photonics and Semiconductors
    Plasma Physics
    RF and Microwave Engineering
    Simulation Methods and Teaching
    Structural Mechanics and Thermal Stresses
    Subsurface Flow

Best Regards,
COMSOL

Although this stuff is entirely over my head more or less, it might be of some use to someone here, or to someone you know.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Tank

If you get one (or more) I would love a copy please!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

Tank, on the form, can't you opt to have one sent to your address? I saw on the pulldown menu that the UK is listed.

If they won't allow you to order one, I'd be happy to order one myself and send it along to you, if you'd like to PM me an address.

Like I said, a lot of this stuff seems very over my head :) but I knew some very technical/sciencey people here might be interested.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Tank

Well I filled in the application and the CD is on its way and I can access the presentations online now for 30 days.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on May 08, 2012, 08:16:20 PM
Well I filled in the application and the CD is on its way and I can access the presentations online now for 30 days.

Ah, good! Yes, I also filled in the application and got the link for the presentations online. Wonderful that they give us 30 days access!

There must be SOMETHING in here I can try and wrap my brain around.  :D

Edit: the biotechnology and simulation methods look interesting. So does the geophysics, maybe.