News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Which Mr Men most suits you?

Started by Tank, May 06, 2012, 03:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

^^^ I can't find one of adequate quality.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Too bad.  It really was perfect.

McQ

Hahahaha! Just logged in and saw this. These are great! I look so goofy!
I'll have to change it to that guy when I'm not using my iPad. I don't think I can change him now.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

xSilverPhinx

Is this some sort of experiment in memes, Tank? :D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

technolud

The slow one.  Can't keep up with you guys.

The Magic Pudding

I have sympathy for Mr Mean.
The behaviour modification practised on him was horribly authoritarian.
He doesn't have a hippo or a hat so even though I identify with him I don't want to be him.

There's nothing wrong with coal as a gift, very practical actually.

xSilverPhinx

Crypitc as always, but out of curiosity does the coal you're talking about have to do with teeth? I would be inclined to think not, but who knows, I had to ask. ???

Stevil

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 07, 2012, 02:57:52 AM
Crypitc as always, but out of curiosity does the coal you're talking about have to do with teeth? I would be inclined to think not, but who knows, I had to ask. ???
I'm guessing Mr Mean gave coal to someone as a birthday gift???

My dad once gave my mum a vacuum cleaner as a B'day gift, needless to say mum transformed into Mrs Grouchy. Hmmph!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Stevil on May 07, 2012, 03:24:48 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 07, 2012, 02:57:52 AM
I'm guessing Mr Mean gave coal to someone as a birthday gift???

My dad once gave my mum a vacuum cleaner as a B'day gift, needless to say mum transformed into Mrs Grouchy. Hmmph!

:D Usually I would say that it's the intention that counts, but maybe in the case of your dad, he should be a Wise-Would-Mean-Keeping-Your-Mouth-Shut

LOL

As for coal, I don't know. To light a fire, perhaps? ???

The Magic Pudding

QuoteMr Mean
Mr Men Book
Number 19

Where does he live?
We don't know what country but in an old broken house!

Mr Mean is mean to anybody and everyone. His house is broken, dirty and has never been painted. Mr Mean simply grumbles on about the price of nails, but all of his furniture is made from old orange boxes. His house doesnt have any fires, carpets, pictures or curtains, just boring old wood. You would think that Mr Mean is poor, but in fact he has lots of money but never spends any of it or gives it to anyone. He even gave his brother a piece of coal for Christmas so that he didn't have to spend any money. One day, an old wizard came and taught him his lesson, by turning all his money into pototoes and whenever he was mean turned different parts of him into different vegetables! However, Mr Mean was a changed man, and he became so kind that the following year he gave his brother a nicer, better present...two pieces of coal!

Mr Mean Facts:
• Every evening he would count his money that he kept in a box, which is the only thing he liked doing.
• Mr Mean's nose was turned into a carrot and his ears into tomotoes!
• He also spent all his money making his house look spick and span, instead of the mess it used to be!

So you have a guy keeping to himself, not hurting anyone and a horrible wizard comes along, takes his money away and mutilates poor Mr Mean's face.  Pretty twisted morality I think.

Ecurb Noselrub

I'd like The One That's Always Hungry, but I don't know how to make it my avatar.  I request assistance. Muchas gracias!

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 07, 2012, 04:04:03 AM
I'd like The One That's Always Hungry, but I don't know how to make it my avatar.  I request assistance. Muchas gracias!

Find the url for the image you want - google image search Mr Greedy.
Go into your profile, select Forum Profile Information.
Select I have my own pic: and paste in your image's URL.
Click the change profile button at bottom of page.
There is the option to upload if you have the file locally.
The max size displayed is 130x130 but it does scale down larger images.

Amicale

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 07, 2012, 04:22:59 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 07, 2012, 04:04:03 AM
I'd like The One That's Always Hungry, but I don't know how to make it my avatar.  I request assistance. Muchas gracias!

Find the url for the image you want - google image search Mr Greedy.
Go into your profile, select Forum Profile Information.
Select I have my own pic: and paste in your image's URL.
Click the change profile button at bottom of page.
There is the option to upload if you have the file locally.
The max size displayed is 130x130 but it does scale down larger images.

Excellent instructions. Or the same thing, for us visual people:

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 07, 2012, 01:36:25 AM
Is this some sort of experiment in memes, Tank? :D
Yes. They are advanced social experiments taking place at the behest of the Asmo to discover the true nature of forum members prior to full assimilation.

Actually I was bored and wanted a bit of a laugh
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: technolud on May 07, 2012, 01:53:19 AM
The slow one.  Can't keep up with you guys.
I couldn't/wouldn't change your doggie. He's seriously just too perfect as an avatar.