News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Work the 25th? Hell yeah!

Started by tacoma_kyle, December 22, 2007, 01:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tacoma_kyle

Haha I get time and a half so I volunteered lol.

I also get to avoid all that annoying family crap...ugh... Thanksgiving is nice but then another, nah....
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

myleviathan

QuoteI also get to avoid all that annoying family crap...ugh... Thanksgiving is nice but then another, nah....

Seriously. I have to work Christmas Eve. I'm thrilled.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

Bella

I WAS going to work x-mas eve, but no... no grinchie fun for me. :(

rlrose328

Were I working, I'd never volunteer to work Christmas or Christmas eve.  While I don't believe in god or religion, I won't turn down an opportunity to give people gifts, hang out with friends, go to parties, see my kid giggle with glee as he leaves out a letter for Santa and tells Dad not to eat the cookies, or any of that other stuff.  

I love the holidays and no amount of serious atheistic beliefs will convince me to give it up.  :-)
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Mister Joy

I'm on the team for doing the Christmas dinner, so no working for me. Cooking a roast for 50 odd people kind of qualifies as work though. I'm a bit miffed because I wanted to have swans instead of turkeys (We've decided to go for a medieval style banquet for novel effect and swans are very authentic - plus they're big and can feed plenty of people) but apparently it's illegal to eat them in Britain unless you're the Queen or you get them from the Orkney isles for some reason (which is too far away). Yep, we still have laws here that were instated in the 1100s & nobody can be bothered to get rid of. It's also perfectly legal, apparently, to kill a Welshman with a crossbow behind a church at noon provided it's on some specific date. A baron or something probably did it hundreds of years ago and changed the law to get himself off :lol:

ryanvc76

I work in the Army postal system... I'm getting a full 8 hours of overtime today at time and a half, then working on xmas eve and getting "holiday doubletime".  It's called "Operation Santa Claus" - making sure everyone gets their packages coming from the states.
---=---=---=---=---
http://www.vancleave.de
---=---=---=---
"[The Bible] has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies." - Mark Twain

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson

---=---

cantthinkofaname

I have to work xmas eve but not xmas day.   I would much rather have both days off since my family celebrates on xmas eve.  It's a big deal in my family to have everybody together.  We are getting too old for it though but we do it anyway for our Mother.  We will probably split up and spend time along with gift giving to whoever is closer when we don't have her anymore.   It's a bitch trying to get that day off.

Whitney

We don't get time and a half for holidays so I had no incentive for turning down a paid day off.  Anyway, christmas with my family is more like a party than a religious thing.

Tricky_Niki

Well I don't get paid for my job and I don't get days off. If I did I would work any holiday they wanted me to except my birthday. It's the only day I get spoiled.
Freethought and Toasters have never killed anyone.
Everything you need to know about life can be learned from Toasters.

cantthinkofaname

I like getting holidays off, I need the time for myself to catch from working everyday.  I get b=day off too, we all do now since the union put it in our contract and negotiated it in.   :)

I just would have liked to have xmas eve off all theses years and especially now that my mother is getting old and having more health problems.  I don't know how much longer I will have her so that day is very special because of her more than any other reason for me.  I have a family member who makes xmas a real big religious thing but for the rest of us its a reason to get us all together under one roof at the same time.