Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson - Keynote Speaker, 28th National Space Symposium

Started by Amicale, April 25, 2012, 03:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

If you folks have roughly an hour to kill, it's VERY worth killing it by watching Dr. deGrasse Tyson!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VLzKjxglNyE

So, so very awesome.

As an aside...

He's also remaking Cosmos, and I'm thrilled. I loved Sagan's original one, can't wait to see what he does with the new one.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

I'll have to watch it tomorrow.  Got to start getting ready for work shortly.  Thanks for the link.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Bit of a rant. Disappointed he forgot WWI and WWII, the 60s was not the highpoint of American bloodshed since the American Civil War.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey