News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

New to the forum!

Started by tchurch, April 25, 2012, 08:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Quote from: RenegeReversi on April 30, 2012, 03:24:19 AM
I would say welcome, and indeed I shall. Except, it has been such a long time since I have welcomed a person into my life. I am nervous. What should I say? What should I do? It is, as has been said, exasperating. Ah, hell with it, I hope you enjoy conversations of a philosophical and perteurbial nature.

I have always thought that Canada would be a lovely place to go visit, if only it were not so damned cold. But please, tell me, just how far north does civilization extend up there? I have heard that there are settlements on the northern tip of Alaska, though I hesitate to believe such ball-crockery.

Welcome to the Pub, Mate.

I would suggest visiting anytime between May and the end of September. Beautiful weather. The hottest it tends to get is in July and August, when the temperatures can go above 30-35 C/90-95ish F.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Asmodean

Ooh! Asmo like July and August.  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on April 30, 2012, 09:59:55 AM
Ooh! Asmo like July and August.  :D

Ack. The Amicale dislikes July and August. Morning times and evenings are wonderful when it's a bit cooler, but I dislike burning to a crisp and being unable to breathe in the dense humidity.

I think tchurch is lucky, being in BC would be excellent during the summer. Since it's on the west coast, the temperatures are a lot more moderate. Not very cool, but warm without being too warm. Lots of rain, though!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Welcome.  That's pretty cool that you figured out that prayer is just another form of meditation.  The same method is used in A.A./N.A. to help people quit drinking or doing drugs. Self help tapes for success also use the same principal.  I mean if you tell yourself to stop doing something, or that you are going to be get something accomplished 1000 times a day you are eventually going to meet your goals because that is all you think about.  Praying is pretty much the same. 
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins