News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Amazing pics of the space Shuttle Endeavour

Started by Amicale, April 22, 2012, 05:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts134/poweron/

These are pics taken aboard Endeavour, which saw its last mission concluded in June 2011.

QuoteThe following photo gallery was taken during one of the rare opportunities for the media to enter the shuttle, capturing the realistic view that the men and women who flew aboard Endeavour once witnessed.

and from the Mid-deck:

There are tons more pictures to be seen at the link. You need to scroll to the bottom for the link to the Mid-Deck. Enjoy! :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asherah

As a scientist, I am hostile to fundamentalist religion because it actively debauches the scientific enterprise. It teaches us not to change our minds, and not to want to know exciting things that are available to be known. It subverts science and saps the intellect. - Dawkins

OldGit

Nice shots!

But ... all those screens and they still can't find a decent film to watch.

Amicale

;D glad you folks like the pictures. I love them, too!

I showed my daughter that page of pictures, and her little mouth formed a perfect "O" and she said "Mama, what Star Trek are those from?".... and that's when I realized I was raising a geek.

Quote from: OldGit on April 23, 2012, 10:40:18 AM
Nice shots!

But ... all those screens and they still can't find a decent film to watch.

I'd be too busy staring at space to care about any earth movies, I think.  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

McQ

Wonderful photos! Of course, it's about space and spaceships, so I'm hooked from the start. Thanks for sharing the link.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Jimmy

For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: Guardian85 on April 24, 2012, 08:02:54 AM
I want one! Does it come in black?
Yes. But that's the CIA version, it doesn't really exist.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.