News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Having a great time; wish you were here.

Started by McQ, March 24, 2012, 07:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

Hey all! My absence from the board of late has been due to lots of travel, lots of meetings, and now some nice R&R (relaxation and recreation).
My company (a biotech involved in new compounds for use in oncology and hematology) has been virtually exploding with newly discovered "cool stuff" lately, and I've been totally swamped, 24/7.

But this weekend through next Wednesday is all vacation time, and I'll hopefully get some good photos to share with you. I'm in Venice, Florida, staying with a retired friend, and we are spending our days doing wildlife photography. So with any luck, I'll have some fun stuff to share. I've already got a few interesting birds: Rosiette Spoonbill, Great Blue Herons, Anhingas, and Snowy Egrets. I'm hunting for some alligators, and then some birds of prey too. The ospreys are really active right now, and they're always a good show.

So anyway, as the title says, having a great time, wish you were here to share in the amazing south Florida wildlife! As soon as I get any decent photos uploaded, I'll be sure to post them.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

DeterminedJuliet

I was wondering about you just yesterday :) Glad you're having a good time!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Piratenerforsej

Hi!

I'll wait exited for your photos! I love taking photos myself, so of course I'm going to check out your photos! :)

- Rose :)

Tank

Quote from: Piratenerforsej on March 24, 2012, 07:26:44 PM
Hi!

I'll wait exited for your photos! I love taking photos myself, so of course I'm going to check out your photos! :)

- Rose :)
McQ is an excellent photographer. As well I await expectantly
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Piratenerforsej

Nice :) Just got a new camera today. It takes wonderful pictures :D

Tank

Quote from: Piratenerforsej on March 25, 2012, 05:50:21 PM
Nice :) Just got a new camera today. It takes wonderful pictures :D
What did you get?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Piratenerforsej

McQ

I wish I could upload them while still out here in Venice, but I'm stuck with just the iPad and no laptop. I can't upload photos to the net with the equipment at hand. Maybe by Friday after I get back home.

I did get some good shots today of Rosiette Spoonbills, a couple of medium sized 'gators, some Ospreys, Pelicans, and various other birds. Can't wait to share them!

Weather is really nice, too. Not too hot.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Tank

Quote from: Piratenerforsej on March 25, 2012, 06:13:10 PM
A Olympus SP-51OUZ :D
It'll be interesting to see what the results are like. The stuff you've already done is good.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: McQ on March 24, 2012, 07:21:49 PM
So anyway, as the title says, having a great time, wish you were here to share in the amazing south Florida wildlife! As soon as I get any decent photos uploaded, I'll be sure to post them.

Holding you to that one, particularly regarding ospreys.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Piratenerforsej

Quote from: Tank on March 25, 2012, 07:29:53 PM
Quote from: Piratenerforsej on March 25, 2012, 06:13:10 PM
A Olympus SP-51OUZ :D
It'll be interesting to see what the results are like. The stuff you've already done is good.

I made a set at my Photoblog here
These photos are from today ;)
:D

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Piratenerforsej on March 25, 2012, 07:37:24 PM

Those are gorgeous!  I love floral close ups.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Anne D.

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 25, 2012, 07:40:08 PM
Quote from: Piratenerforsej on March 25, 2012, 07:37:24 PM

Those are gorgeous!  I love floral close ups.

Yes, your photos are amazing, Rose. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to seeing yours, too, McQ.

Piratenerforsej

xSilverPhinx

I love birds of prey, if you got a snapshot of any, please post it! ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey