News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Gift Ideas

Started by Bella, December 05, 2007, 09:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Even for those who don't celebrate x-mas, I think this site is awesome for whatever gifts you want to give! I thought I should share.

http://www.gifts.com/

0dan1

hehe good idea ^^

I bought my girlfriend a young oak tree last year which we planted together... but i haven't though of anything yet this year =[

i think its always good to make T-shirts, you just need a stencil and some spray paint and use your imagination, you can get some cool wording and effects, work well as gifts i think.

myleviathan

I definitely like how they categorize. I just hate shopping. Especially for in-laws. We're doing secret santa. Fortunately I got my father in law who is a pothead. I'll get him some sweet Paraphernalia. I'm making home-made hard cider for everyone this year. Or maybe some Apple-Jack - which is basically just distilled apple cider. Much stronger so we can all get through Christmas without a melt-down.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

donkeyhoty

I've seen that site before, and the most interesting things come from the Cloud 9 Living and Signature Days(there's a few other sites like these).  They have all sorts of wacky stuff for rich people to do, like fly in a WWII fighter training plane, or play with bulldozers for $400

Full disclosure, I would totally do the fighter plane thing if I had the money.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

Bella

Will

My list:
Mom: Big 12" LCD picture frame
Dad: Nautica Robe and slippers, $50 iTunes gift card
Little Bro: Motorcycle lessons
Grandma: A coupon book with chores and such
SO: Journey diamond necklace
Boss: Self-stirring coffee mug
Step-mom: MacBook padded stand, $50 iTunes gift card

I'm still not sure what to get my step bros...
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

rlrose328

Were it not $250, I'd totally get my kid this:

Make Your Own Monster

He's always drawing creatures and critters... he'd LOVE that.  But not for $250.  Love FAO and everything they have, just hate the prices of exclusivity.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Tom62

My wife will get from me a pair of  Bose Quite Comfort 2 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones and I'll get from her a beautiful leather jacket.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

McQ

Quote from: "Tom62"My wife will get from me a pair of  Bose Quite Comfort 2 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones and I'll get from her a beautiful leather jacket.

You're gonna love the headphones! Mine are great!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Bella

I must see this self-stirring coffee mug! :)

Will

It's on gifts.com, I think.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

MommaSquid

Here's the perfect gift for the work-place...

http://wishingfish.com/wheelexcuse.html

...or for anyone who wants to be somewhere other than where they're expected.

Whitney

Quote from: "rlrose328"Were it not $250, I'd totally get my kid this:

Make Your Own Monster

He's always drawing creatures and critters... he'd LOVE that.  But not for $250.  Love FAO and everything they have, just hate the prices of exclusivity.

wow...250 to have someone take a drawing and reinterpret it into a stuffed animal.

that's crazy....

can you sew...if so, I could make a pattern for you based on on of his critters.

rlrose328

Well... I have a sewing machine but have recently misplaced all my thread (that should tell you how often I use it... LOL!).  I could probably do it myself and do a better job but I'd be so afraid I'd disappoint.  It would depend upon the complexity of his design.

I just wanted to make some puppets recently for him... we had a power out and he created paper hand-puppets based on his favorite shows and he regaled us with "shows."  But I have no idea where to begin and the patterns I found in the pattern book are way too complicated.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Bella

I just wanted to throw a recommendation out there... I just got my friend these rad martini glasses that you can pack ice around to keep them cold from http://www.swankmartini.com/ The package came in a week and they wrap it up and give you a card for free. :)