News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Some quotes from Jesus about everlasting life

Started by CalmReflect, March 14, 2012, 04:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalmReflect

Hello,

What do you all think of the several references in the New Testament about everlasting life? Jesus taught about it with some of these quotes from him. Jesus is truly the Son of God and real, even the Old Testament before he was on earth has prophecies about him such as Isaiah 53 which were fulfilled.

John 4:13, 14 "Jesus answered and said unto her, "Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."

John 10:27-30 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one." - Jesus

John 10:10, 11 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep." - Jesus

(For those who do not currently own a bible, here's one online, this is not my website and I'm not affiliated with it - http://www.allonlinebible.com/read/

For anyone who wants to accept Christ as your savior to receive everlasting life, you can pray to him, confess you are a sinner and tell him you accept his sacrifice on the cross for your sins so that you saved from them. Then it's good to be active in your faith by being baptized,joining a church,reading the word,  and continuing to pray. Christ is the lord in heaven now :)

Eternal life is worth the effort.

Dobermonster

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Amicale

Luke 19:26-27, talking about the parable of the Minas (implication being this is what he'd do to his enemies)

Quote26 "He replied, 'I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away. 27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

and

Matthew 10:32-37

Quote32 "Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

34 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

"'a man against his father,
   a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
   36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'[c]

37 "Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Everlasting life? With him? No thank you. I don't hang out with people like that, let alone deities. :)

I can assure you, I love my mom and my daughter much, MUCH more than I would ever love a god, even if he/she/it existed. And when I was a Christian (and ignored passages like these), I still loved them much more. If I'm not 'worthy' of him, and if he'd just as soon kill me for being an enemy of his because I certainly don't want or need that kind of "king"... well, there you have it. :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Stevil

Everlasting life, wow, sounds fantastic.

Can I get a cup of that juice please!

The Magic Pudding

Tank

Quote from: CalmReflect on March 14, 2012, 04:00:35 AM
Hello,

What do you all think of the several references in the New Testament about everlasting life? Jesus taught about it with some of these quotes from him. Jesus is truly the Son of God and real, even the Old Testament before he was on earth has prophecies about him such as Isaiah 53 which were fulfilled.

John 4:13, 14 "Jesus answered and said unto her, "Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."

John 10:27-30 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one." - Jesus

John 10:10, 11 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep." - Jesus

(For those who do not currently own a bible, here's one online, this is not my website and I'm not affiliated with it - http://www.allonlinebible.com/read/

For anyone who wants to accept Christ as your savior to receive everlasting life, you can pray to him, confess you are a sinner and tell him you accept his sacrifice on the cross for your sins so that you saved from them. Then it's good to be active in your faith by being baptized,joining a church,reading the word,  and continuing to pray. Christ is the lord in heaven now :)

Eternal life is worth the effort.
CalmReflect

I suggest you read the rules here. Particularly about preaching and posting controversial topics in Getting To Know you.

Regards
Chris

Notes for new members.
The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts.
Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum.
It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
Favorite Song, with video
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*
"Rules for Conducting a Discussion" by Dr. Mortimer J. Adler*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

Hello there, CalmReflect. My guess is that you're a post-and-run preacher, and we probably won't hear from you again. The main body of your post is drivel in my opinion, but at least you tried to offer a resource of some kind.

Quote from: CalmReflect on March 14, 2012, 04:00:35 AM(For those who do not currently own a bible, here's one online, this is not my website and I'm not affiliated with it - http ://www.allonlinebible.com/read/

That's a sad little website. I guess it's your Christian charity which lead you to linking to it, eh? A much more useful site for examining biblical passages is Biblos.com. Then there's  Biblegateway.com, which is also far superior to the site you linked. For a more critical examination of the Bible (and the Quran and the Book of Mormon) I enjoy the Skeptic's Annotated Bible.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Too Few Lions

Jesus also said he would return and judge the world within a generation of his lifetime, so we know he was full of bull...

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Too Few Lions on March 14, 2012, 10:37:12 AM
Jesus also said he would return and judge the world within a generation of his lifetime, so we know he was full of bull...
He came back a few times to judge us silently.

I actually have hard the "You can't love anyone more than me" quote from my dad, who proceeded to tell me I was the second greatest joy in his life after God.  :-\
God has a weird self esteem issue.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

What was he meaning though, our sun is what, 2nd or 3rd generation?
Are deity generations longer or shorter than the stellar, I'd of thought longer but they are so damn mysterious, in their ways and stuff.

Too Few Lions

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on March 14, 2012, 12:26:49 PM

What was he meaning though, our sun is what, 2nd or 3rd generation?
Are deity generations longer or shorter than the stellar, I'd of thought longer but they are so damn mysterious, in their ways and stuff.

true, maybe I was interpreting 'this generation' a bit leterally. Maybe Jesus was actually talking about the generation of sea grass growing off the Judaean shore, that would give him tens of thousands of years to return in...

MariaEvri

..."And He answered and said, "It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs.""

so me, being a non israelite and a... dog.. I guess I am not worthy. So spare me! I dont dig racists
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com