News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Your best practical joke

Started by Guardian85, February 25, 2012, 08:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on February 27, 2012, 07:12:03 AM
Have you no heart?
No. Where others have that, I have a black hole.

QuoteNo really don't wave your 20-something loins in my face.  Snicker.)
Oh, yes I do.  >:( Been doing that pretty much since the day I turned 20, and it will probably only get worse through 30s and, if I'm still alive, 40s
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on February 27, 2012, 07:12:03 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on February 27, 2012, 06:56:36 AM
Quote from: Ali on February 27, 2012, 01:08:44 AM
Oh Puh-leeeeeeze.  Geriatric Ali is unimpressed with a vital young twenty-something sniffling about his age.  >:(
That was yesterday.  :'( Today, it's the Old And Shriveled Twenty-Something-Plus-One-Day.  :'(

Still unimpressed.  You know that I'm seriously teetering on the edge of 32, right?  How can you torture me with your little "Oh, I'm about to be 27 or 28?!?"  Have you no heart?  27.  Pah.  Why don't you just wave your healthy young loins while you're at it?  (Trying to keep a straight face.  No really don't wave your 20-something loins in my face.  Snicker.)

And REALLY please don't wave them in mine.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Asmodean

Do you mean to say that there are two people here, whos gerascophobia is worse than my own, or two who just don't know what gerascophobia is?  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on February 27, 2012, 07:21:30 AM
Do you mean to say that there are two people here, whos gerascophobia is worse than my own, or two who just don't know what gerascophobia is?  :P

No gerascophobia here. Then again, my entire life I've always assumed I'd never hit old age. I don't know why I've always thought that, but maybe when I finally get around to realizing I might actually get old, I'll already be old, and it'll be too late to care.  :P

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Ali

I think I may have a touch of gerascophobia here, but luckily also have young-ish genes.  I don't want to get old, and so far seem stuck in perpetual youth (which is a GOOD thing) but just waiting to find her first grey hair.

Guardian85

It seemed like such a good idea... then it derailed spectacularly.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Amicale

Another practical joke:

When I was in highschool, on April Fool's Day, we decided to play a prank on our math teacher. He'd written equations on the board, told us to turn to page whatever in our books and to do the questions in there while he ran down to make photocopies of something for us. In the 10 minutes he was gone, we sprang into action -- we erased the math equations, wrote as many Shakespeare quotes on the board as we could out of The Tempest, and piled our English books on our desks, along with our English binders... and then we ran out into an empty classroom and left ours empty. We watched for the math teacher to come back. He walked in... stared at his board in bewilderment... stared at our desks, piled with English books... and walked back out muttering "how in the hell did I walk into the wrong room??" At that point, he must have decided he'd forgotten something down in the photocopy room, so we took that opportunity to run back in, get our math books back out, erase the board, and sit there waiting for him. When he finally came back, he stared at us. Just stared.  :D