News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Race and religion

Started by Sweetdeath, February 24, 2012, 07:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 25, 2012, 06:18:36 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 25, 2012, 05:13:42 AM
As usual, you  1 uped me, BooksCatsetc!

Seriously, that's awesome though. :)

I'll admit to being privately thrilled to have more freethinking company.

Same. I would actually love to meet some black and hispanic free thinkers. Woo :)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Amicale

Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 25, 2012, 06:22:18 AM

Same. I would actually love to meet some black and hispanic free thinkers. Woo :)

In New York (that is where you are, right?) I'm honestly very surprised you haven't met tons of freethinkers. I don't know NYC all THAT well, but I do know the arts community/LGBT community (not one in the same, but often overlap) are generally liberals, and quite usually freethinkers. When I went to see RENT with a friend on its last run there, I met a TON of awesome folks that were just open minded and warm, friendly and welcoming. If you can stomach the theatre scene (I love it, personally), it's worth a shot. People of all makes and models there.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Amicale on February 25, 2012, 06:25:31 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 25, 2012, 06:22:18 AM

In New York (that is where you are, right?) I'm honestly very surprised you haven't met tons of freethinkers. I don't know NYC all THAT well, but I do know the arts community/LGBT community (not one in the same, but often overlap) are generally liberals, and quite usually freethinkers. When I went to see RENT with a friend on its last run there, I met a TON of awesome folks that were just open minded and warm, friendly and welcoming. If you can stomach the theatre scene (I love it, personally), it's worth a shot. People of all makes and models there.  ;D

I tend to hang with the cosplay, videogame, nerd community. Religion was only a vexation ONCE with (sigh-sadly) this black girl I was becoming friend's with.
Other than that, I dunno. Germans, irish, russians and asians gravitate to me. :)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.