News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

HAF Virtual Meetup

Started by Whitney, February 18, 2012, 06:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Why no....nothing was said about licorice and how it needs to be banished to the outer darkness at all.  Not a peep.   ;D

Asmo had a face, sort of, but since he works in mysterious ways, he was still typing instead of speaking.  And even the face was mysterious....I'm almost certain he was "chatting" from a pitch black room.  You'd see a flash of glasses here, a grasping hand there.  Pretty spooky, actually. 

Asmodean

The room was lit, but because I was not alone, I darkened the camera. Apparently though, I overdid it as Skype has its own cam settings. The intention was that my face would be visible but the background would be very dark to protect the privacy of my visitor if he decided to walk by.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

It kind of added to your otherworldly image.  The Asmo observes silently from the shadows..... ;D

DeterminedJuliet

Guys! So sorry I missed it! Wee man decided that yesterday was the day he didn't need naps anymore (and that tantrums were a great substitute) and I had completely forgotten that it's father's day. The day completely got away from me.  :(
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

DJ - Ooooh, that's rough!  Wee man is little to be giving up on naps too, I'm sure he was feeling quite tired and cranky. 

S'ok about missing the meetup.  We'll have to try it again soon.  I was actually thinking that I might just buy a 12 month premium account for HAF so we could do it whenever instead of someone having to pay $5 a pop (free trial my ass!)  If it seems like we would use it more than 12 times a year, it would be a better deal.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on June 17, 2012, 09:32:04 PM
Sorry.   :)  Asmo and G85.
You should have edited (and still should) the post that Guardian responded to. If someone has not shared some of their info on the public forum, there may be a reason for that.

That there is a major drawback of face to face meetings - always a risk of someone outing something they should not.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Done, although I can't edit his post where he quoted me, so if he's worried about my using his first name, he will have to edit that himself.

Asmodean

That, or the mods can do it
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Ali

This made me LOL. I totally made my bed before our last meetup, which I almost never do.

Asmodean

One can also resort to Asmotactics if one does not want one's place seen by others, for whatever reason.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on June 18, 2012, 10:20:40 PM
This made me LOL. I totally made my bed before our last meetup, which I almost never do.

Haha! I did that at our first meeting, but this one I was thinking "Nah, let's actually clean up for once." Then I ended up not showing up.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

OldGit

SHOCK HORROR!

Teenage girl tidies bedroom.  Mother says "I remember that carpet."

Buddy

Joke's on you, my floor is wood.  :P
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.