News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Go Awwwww you lose!

Started by Tank, February 16, 2012, 02:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 07, 2012, 09:29:26 PM
Ohmygosh, the horse photo~~ <3 <3

They are Norwegian Fjord horses. They are my favorite breed.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

I like Arabians and Thoroughbreds, they have a certain regalness to them.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 07, 2012, 09:47:42 PM

Meh, Arabians are nice, but every Thoroughbred I have ever met has had an ugly head. There is a certain build to Fjords that make them sturdy and cute. Pluse you can put hearts in their mane.

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

history_geek

Quote from: Budhorse4 on August 07, 2012, 11:09:56 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 07, 2012, 09:47:42 PM

Meh, Arabians are nice, but every Thoroughbred I have ever met has had an ugly head. There is a certain build to Fjords that make them sturdy and cute. Pluse you can put hearts in their mane.

I'm sorry, but my first though after seeing that picture was "Emo".  ;D

I mean common, black hearts, and his/her mane over the eyes like that...
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

xSilverPhinx

Nah, Przewalski's horse has got an ugly head, Thoroughbreds are built for speed so I sort of overlook that a bit. If I'm not mistaken, Arabians are some of their ancestors...

Arabian mare with her foal. All arab's heads are the same, they're the most recognizable breed out there IMO.

Buddy

Arabs are beautiful. Przewalski's horses are cool. They are also very closely related to Fjords. If we are going for ugliest head though,  Lipizzaners have my vote. I hate the Roman nose on some of them. Of course, every breed has good and bad horses. Many of the one around here are the poorly bred versions. And another fjord foal, just because.

Dobermonster

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 08, 2012, 05:07:06 AM
Nah, Przewalski's horse has got an ugly head, Thoroughbreds are built for speed so I sort of overlook that a bit. If I'm not mistaken, Arabians are some of their ancestors...

Arabian mare with her foal. All arab's heads are the same, they're the most recognizable breed out there IMO.

I do love the look of most Arabians. Not all are exactly the same, though - Egyptian lines tend to have more extreme, delicate, dishy heads with a more pronounced jibbah (forehead bulge), for example.

Also, I want to get a Fjord now - just so I can scissor hearts into its mane.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Budhorse4 on August 08, 2012, 05:35:34 AM
Arabs are beautiful. Przewalski's horses are cool. They are also very closely related to Fjords. If we are going for ugliest head though,  Lipizzaners have my vote. I hate the Roman nose on some of them. Of course, every breed has good and bad horses. Many of the one around here are the poorly bred versions. And another fjord foal, just because.

Funny I was just looking up Lipizzaners! :D I had always associated them with Austria but apparently they're not an Austrian breed, just the most common for those fancy shows they put them through.

That foal is cute, but then again nearly all baby animals are cute. :D

QuoteI do love the look of most Arabians. Not all are exactly the same, though - Egyptian lines tend to have more extreme, delicate, dishy heads with a more pronounced jibbah (forehead bulge), for example.

I'm assuming they're also the ones with the more upturned noses/snouts? :D Okay, I shouldn't have said that all their heads are the same, but they're all still very recognizable though, even with the slight variations. I can't say the same for many other horse breeds, many of them look the same to me.

Buddy

Quote from: Dobermonster on August 08, 2012, 06:18:59 AM

I do love the look of most Arabians. Not all are exactly the same, though - Egyptian lines tend to have more extreme, delicate, dishy heads with a more pronounced jibbah (forehead bulge), for example.

Also, I want to get a Fjord now - just so I can scissor hearts into its mane.

It's crazy what selective breeding can do to a breed. Especially a breed like the Quarter horse. I usually put them in about three categories:

Halter

Pleasure

and Ranch

xSilverPhinx

They were originally bred for racing right? Quarter mile races? The first one looks like a runner...

Buddy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 08, 2012, 05:00:53 PM
They were originally bred for racing right? Quarter mile races? The first one looks like a runner...

Racing and ranch work. That first one isn't even fit to ride. His hooves are too small for relative body mass and he has too much muscle.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Budhorse4 on August 08, 2012, 05:35:34 AM
And another fjord foal, just because.

AWWWWWW.  Why don't we have a smiley with hearts for eyes?  I need one right now.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on August 09, 2012, 01:36:34 AM
I would like you to meet the dog that I am trying to adopt. I'll keep you posted.  ;D

That's adorable, details?

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 09, 2012, 03:15:00 AM
Quote from: RunFromMyLife on August 09, 2012, 01:36:34 AM
I would like you to meet the dog that I am trying to adopt. I'll keep you posted.  ;D

That's adorable, details?
Small, brown and with a collar that's a little too big!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.