News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Tiny lizards found in Madagascar

Started by Tank, February 15, 2012, 10:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Tiny lizards found in Madagascar

QuoteOne of the world's tiniest lizards has been discovered by keen-eyed researchers in Madagascar.

The miniature chameleon, Brookesia micra, reaches a maximum length of just 29mm.

German scientists also found a further three new species in the north of the island.

The lizards were limited to very small ranges and scientists are concerned they could be at risk from habitat disturbance...
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Too Few Lions

they're seriously cute. Given how cheap they'd be to feed I reckon they'd make the perfect pet!

Guardian85

Quote from: Too Few Lions on February 15, 2012, 12:06:47 PM
they're seriously cute. Given how cheap they'd be to feed I reckon they'd make the perfect pet!

You'd lose it.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Crow

Wow. Those researchers must have had ridiculously sharp eye sight to spot one of those.
Retired member.

Buddy

Wait for it...

AWWWWWWWWW!!! I want one! He would ride on my nose and he would eat the gnats that bother me in the summer and he would be adorable and he would be all mine and I would love him and squeeze him and name him Mini-Herman.  ;D

But in all seriousness, that is great news to hear that they are still finding new species. Although, lately I've noticed that many of them have been small reptiles and amphibians. Maybe one day I can hope for scientists finding a mini snake.  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Harmonie

Aw, they're so cute! I didn't know lizards came anywhere near that small.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Tank

This is another picture which I think gives an even better perspective.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Whitney

Guardian85

I don't. It's cute and all , but I would be terrified of sitting down.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

I would keep it carefully balanced on my fingernail at all times.  :D

Buddy

I would make a self-sufficient biocube to put him in.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Buddy

I wonder if they are naturally brown, or if he is brown from stress.