News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Are you a scientist or a teacher? 1000 scientists in 1000 days...

Started by Amicale, February 02, 2012, 10:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

I've got a subscription to Scientific American, and in an email update, I had this brought to my attention:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/1000scientists/?WT.mc_id=SA_1ksci_edu_space

Quote1,000 Scientists in 1,000 Days is Scientific American's program to help scientists and educators connect. We're looking to match educators with scientists who want to volunteer, for instance, to visit the classroom to conduct a lab or talk about what it's like to be a scientist, explain the latest science, answer questions or act as a resource in other ways. How scientists and educators choose to collaborate is up to them. Scientific American has launched this program with our parent, Nature Publishing Group, as part of our Change the Equation Initiatives.

Anyone who's interested should check out the link. It looks like a cool initiative.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Amicale

Quote from: Firebird on February 03, 2012, 12:50:32 AM
Thank you, I'm passing that along to my better half

Welcome! If you don't mind me asking, is your better half a scientist, or an educator?

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Firebird

A scientist working on becoming an educator :) She's applying for teaching jobs now
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Amicale

Quote from: Firebird on February 04, 2012, 03:28:51 AM
A scientist working on becoming an educator :) She's applying for teaching jobs now

Awesome! I'm also working on becoming an adult ESL educator, so I'm in the same boat. I wish her all the best!