News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Inappropriate funeral wear for singer

Started by Sweetdeath, January 31, 2012, 05:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: En_Route on February 02, 2012, 04:34:03 PM
Au contraire, I think  that they enjoy it very much. Schadenfreude is one of the more timeless human pleasures. For many people, the soap opera of celebrity is meaningful and who are we to gainsay them?

So our sensationalist media consumers are taking pleasure in the misfortune of others, I'll take exception.
Who am I? I'm me.

Sweetdeath

The whole point (to me) is that it's sad and pathetic to take so much pleasure in someone else's life (whom has NOTHING to do with you.)
If we actually gave a shit about things that actually mattered, maybe our country wouldnt be able to exploit misery for greed of money all the time.
I for one never cared about gossip magazines or how many babies a movie actor/actress has. Seriously.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

En_Route

Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 02, 2012, 06:00:33 PM
The whole point (to me) is that it's sad and pathetic to take so much pleasure in someone else's life (whom has NOTHING to do with you.)
If we actually gave a shit about things that actually mattered, maybe our country wouldnt be able to exploit misery for greed of money all the time.
I for one never cared about gossip magazines or how many babies a movie actor/actress has. Seriously.
Big if. Bread and circuses have always been the order of the day.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Sweetdeath

Only because it's so much easier to use scapegoats and distractions to veil a failing goverment/country.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 02, 2012, 07:50:42 PM
Only because it's so much easier to use scapegoats and distractions to veil a failing goverment/country.
It has ever been so.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.