News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Inappropriate funeral wear for singer

Started by Sweetdeath, January 31, 2012, 05:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

music.ninemsn.com.au/Blog.aspx?mode&blogentryid=974478&showcomments=true

I guess i'm a little irritated, because it seems no matter how talented you are, the media and people will always comment on your appearence.

I am kinda sick.of people focusing so much on a woman's chest. I mean, why is cleavage considered so "inappropriate?" It's not even a big deal.
Women have breasts. Ohmygosh, news flash. Just goes to show that if a woman shows a little skin, she's being unprofessional.

There was actually this crazy show called "What would YOU do?" About human experiments. A girl in a sweater and pants (looking super conservitive) at a bar gets hit on by a sleazy guy (both are actors btw.)
People came to her aid immediately.

The same woman came back next day dressed in a form fitting cocktail dress. Same situation. No one helped her.

I find these social experiments truly show how much most people havent evolved! Sexism, racism, and judging others by how they look is still in full effect...
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

That's annoying for sure.  She's a performer singing at a performer's funeral.  I didn't think in that context her outfit was inappropriate.  Besides, every one likes boobs.  I'm a straight girl and I like boobs.  So, every body likes 'em, why not show 'em off?   :D

ThinkAnarchy

It will be stated in my will the only women allowed into my funeral are those with plunging neck lines.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on January 31, 2012, 08:09:10 PM
It will be stated in my will the only women allowed into my funeral are those with plunging neck lines.

LOL :) <3
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

En_Route

The outrage expressed on the website is no doubt wholly manufactured and a mere excuse to regale the reader with sightings of Ms. A's boobs from various angles. I think nonetheless they have a point. Boobs are erogenous zones (or at least so I have it on good authority); flashing your boobs therefore constitutes a significant distraction and also serve to draw heightened attention to their owner. So in a ceremony designed  to celebrate the momery of the deceased, this kind of self-promoting exhibitionism is out of place and more than a trifle crass.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Davin

Quote from: En_Route on January 31, 2012, 09:08:59 PMSo in a ceremony designed  to celebrate the momery of the deceased, this kind of self-promoting exhibitionism is out of place and more than a trifle crass.
That's why everyone should plainly, wouldn't want to draw attention to oneself, otherwise they're being crass.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Ali

Quote from: En_Route on January 31, 2012, 09:08:59 PM
The outrage expressed on the website is no doubt wholly manufactured and a mere excuse to regale the reader with sightings of Ms. A's boobs from various angles. I think nonetheless they have a point. Boobs are erogenous zones (or at least so I have it on good authority); flashing your boobs therefore constitutes a significant distraction and also serve to draw heightened attention to their owner. So in a ceremony designed  to celebrate the momery of the deceased, this kind of self-promoting exhibitionism is out of place and more than a trifle crass.

I would agree with you if this were Joe Schmoe's funeral, but I guess I just expect a "Hollywood" funeral to be a little more "Hollywood."  I also didn't think her outfit was that racy, to be honest.  It was low-cut to be sure, but other than that it was a black suit with a knee length skirt and full length sleeves.  I wouldn't wear something that low cut, and particularly not to a funeral, but I'm also not a famous pop star giving a performance.

Guardian85

Quote from: Davin on January 31, 2012, 09:18:43 PM
Quote from: En_Route on January 31, 2012, 09:08:59 PMSo in a ceremony designed  to celebrate the momery of the deceased, this kind of self-promoting exhibitionism is out of place and more than a trifle crass.
That's why everyone should plainly, wouldn't want to draw attention to oneself, otherwise they're being crass.

On some level I agree with the above. Something a little bit more...conservative for lack of a better word, would be more normal in a funeral setting. On the other hand, she was performing and there are some expectations in that category.

These opinions may not be entirely unbiased,  as I really like boobs!  ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

En_Route

Quote from: Ali on January 31, 2012, 09:49:00 PM

I would agree with you if this were Joe Schmoe's funeral, but I guess I just expect a "Hollywood" funeral to be a little more "Hollywood."  I also didn't think her outfit was that racy, to be honest.  It was low-cut to be sure, but other than that it was a black suit with a knee length skirt and full length sleeves.  I wouldn't wear something that low cut, and particularly not to a funeral, but I'm also not a famous pop star giving a performance.

I take your point about showbiz which often seems to require its practitioners to showbitz. Not so totally convinced that famous pop stars (or their boobs) should be given a get-out-of-jail card on the decorum front(age).

En_Route

Sorry, don't follow.

Ali

Quote from: En_Route on January 31, 2012, 10:24:36 PM

I take your point about showbiz which often seems to require its practitioners to showbitz. Not so totally convinced that famous pop stars (or their boobs) should be given a get-out-of-jail card on the decorum front(age).

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think Etta James would have minded CA's low cut top.  Ms. James was a rather famous sexy bad girl herself. 

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

En_Route

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 31, 2012, 09:59:13 PM

On some level I agree with the above. Something a little bit more...conservative for lack of a better word, would be more normal in a funeral setting. On the other hand, she was performing and there are some expectations in that category.

These opinions may not be entirely unbiased,  as I really like boobs!  ;)

Conversely, I may be influenced by the fact I'm not particularly enamoured of boobs. Not inimical towards them, just indifferent. Give me a pert little derriere any time. Preferably now.

En_Route

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on January 31, 2012, 11:42:09 PM
Wtf, why is this even worth reporting?

Because  gossip  pertaining to celebrities and  photographic evidence of the boobs belonging to them are of all-consuming interest to a large swathe of the population.

En_Route

Quote from: Ali on January 31, 2012, 10:31:17 PM
Quote from: En_Route on January 31, 2012, 10:24:36 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think Etta James would have minded CA's low cut top.  Ms. James was a rather famous sexy bad girl herself. 

Your post has had a moderating effect. I shall stop harrumphing at once.