News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

The Health and/or Diet Thread

Started by Sandra Craft, January 21, 2012, 08:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 04, 2012, 05:36:58 PM
I lost two pounds this week by accidently giving myself food poisoning. I would not recommend this method.  :(

Oooh, no, that's got to be the very hardest way to lose two pounds, other than cutting off some fingers or something.  Hope you are feeling better!

Just got back from the gym.  Feeling quite pleased with myself.  According to the Elliptical machine I was on, I did 6.34 miles in 65 minutes.  Well done, me!  That's .8 of a burrito.  LOL!

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ali on July 04, 2012, 07:11:00 PM
Just got back from the gym.  Feeling quite pleased with myself.  According to the Elliptical machine I was on, I did 6.34 miles in 65 minutes.  Well done, me!  That's .8 of a burrito.  LOL!

Congrats!  Next, the whole burrito.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

DeterminedJuliet

Hahaha, "The Whole Burrito Workout" could be the next big thing!  :D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Haha, that would be awesome.  I'm picturing normal looking women in baggy T shirts and shorts in the workout video (instead of those insanely fit types in sports bras and tiny spandex pants.)  I would be in front center cheering people to keep going saying "Just think!  After this tape is over, you could eat a whole extra burrito if you wanted to!  Add weights to this set, and you could add sour cream!"   ;D ;D

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ali on July 04, 2012, 07:54:07 PM
Haha, that would be awesome.  I'm picturing normal looking women in baggy T shirts and shorts in the workout video (instead of those insanely fit types in sports bras and tiny spandex pants.)  I would be in front center cheering people to keep going saying "Just think!  After this tape is over, you could eat a whole extra burrito if you wanted to!  Add weights to this set, and you could add sour cream!"   ;D ;D

That would so work for me.   :D
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

I lost two pounds this week by accidently giving myself food poisoning. I would not recommend this method.  :(
Well I'm glad it was accidental, I wouldn't like you doing it deliberately!  ;)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on July 04, 2012, 09:28:29 PM

I've heard of people doing it to lose weight! They're probably crazy, but still. Always good to clarify. I wouldn't want you all to question my sanity, now would I?  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

En_Route

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 04, 2012, 09:31:06 PM

I've heard of people doing it to lose weight! They're probably crazy, but still. Always good to clarify. I wouldn't want you all to question my sanity, now would I?  ;D

As if.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 04, 2012, 09:31:06 PM

No. We wouldn't want people to consider you sane would we  ;)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 04, 2012, 07:27:42 PM
Hahaha, "The Whole Burrito Workout" could be the next big thing!  :D

I'll be up to doing that.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Ooooh, did some resistance training yesterday.  I don't know what they are called, but the muscles in my sides (right on top of the ribs, but toward the back of my sides) HURT whenever I move.  I guess that means that I did well...

DeterminedJuliet

obliques :)
When I was regularly bell-dancing, it used to KILL my obliques. In a good way.

Ali

You did belly dancing? How fun!  I have always wanted to take a class, but haven't found one locally that works with my schedule.  Did you like it?

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Ali on July 06, 2012, 06:24:27 PM
You did belly dancing? How fun!  I have always wanted to take a class, but haven't found one locally that works with my schedule.  Did you like it?

Yeah! I loved it! I took classes for over a year in Newfoundland and started a semester here in Ottawa, but my instructor didn't seem to take it all that seriously and I started my tech-writing program, so I'm on a hiatus this year. It's a really body friendly activity, actually. It's easily modulated for all body types and abilities; it's easy on joints, you can avoid "problem" areas if you need to. Everyone is wary about having to show their dreaded mid-drift at first, but it's never forced on anyone -- it's all very body positive. At least in my experience :)  I think some of the moves actually look better if the woman has a little bit of flesh on her bones. I've heard really slim belly dancers complain that their undulations don't look as good as some of the thicker dancers' :D

The Black Jester

I've lost 13 pounds since starting Weight Watchers a month ago.  Which is nice.  I have a lot more I'd like to lose, since my healthy weight range is supposed to be 159-189, and I'm currently around 229 (I started at 242).  Still can't really see the progress, which is not so nice.  But I'm still pleased.
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com