News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

The Health and/or Diet Thread

Started by Sandra Craft, January 21, 2012, 08:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on April 11, 2012, 05:27:22 PM
But I don't know how to make meatless meat!  I think you're better off eating the prepackaged stuff I bought for you.   ;D
Make meat out of meat. Not that difficult, that  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: Amicale on April 11, 2012, 04:50:55 AM
Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on April 10, 2012, 09:02:20 PM
I'm curious if anyone who was interested looked deeper into the Primal Diet. If so, have you tired it and have you experienced any results? I haven't gotten sick since starting, but granted that could be nothing more than luck and coincidence. The lose of my beer belly isn't luck or coincidence though, while still drinking beer... which isn't allowed, but oh well.

I downloaded a couple of Mark Sisson's books (Mark's Daily Apple), he talks about the Primal Diet stuff. It sounds pretty cool so far, and what he says seems to make a lot of sense -- we really WEREN'T built to eat all the junk we eat. I haven't actually started the diet, but I'm planning to this summer when things are a little less busy.

Cool, let me know how it goes. We didn't realize quit how expensive it gets to switch from non-processed foods. Most of our meals consist of chicken now with some grass fed beef as a luxury. We have found a good bit of delicious Indian and Middle Eastern dishes that taste great and fit into the diet though.

I also learned that fresh homemade hashbrowns taste 500% better than Waffle House.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on April 11, 2012, 05:31:11 PM
Quote from: Ali on April 11, 2012, 05:27:22 PM
But I don't know how to make meatless meat!  I think you're better off eating the prepackaged stuff I bought for you.   ;D
Make meat out of meat. Not that difficult, that  :D

Hmmmm. 

Ooh, I've got it!  I'll make you these...vegetarian...meatless...meatloaf....cupcakes. *Laughing* (Actually, I haven't looked at this recipe, but lentil loaf which is a kind of meatless meatloaf is quite good.)

http://www.squidoo.com/vegetarian-meatloaf

What time are you coming to dinner?

Buddy

Quote from: The Ali on April 11, 2012, 10:26:22 PM

Hmmmm. 

Ooh, I've got it!  I'll make you these...vegetarian...meatless...meatloaf....cupcakes. *Laughing* (Actually, I haven't looked at this recipe, but lentil loaf which is a kind of meatless meatloaf is quite good.)

http://www.squidoo.com/vegetarian-meatloaf

Meatless meatloaf. Is that even possible?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

A HUGE slab of actual meat, dripping with actual blood. Or The Asmo no come.  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Anne D.

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 11, 2012, 02:50:23 AM
Just a bit of encouragement (or shameful prodding) for those of us trying to stick to an exercise routine:  86-yr old gymnast

Pretty darn amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on April 12, 2012, 12:33:09 AM
A HUGE slab of actual meat, dripping with actual blood. Or The Asmo no come.  >:(

Fine.  We'll have a huge bloody drippy slab of meat for dinner.  And then a little gray ball of clay for dessert.  >:(

Buddy

Quote from: The Ali on April 12, 2012, 07:29:10 PM

Fine.  We'll have a huge bloody drippy slab of meat for dinner.  And then a little gray ball of clay for dessert.  >:(

I don't know how good clay would taste.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 12, 2012, 07:30:24 PM

I don't know how good clay would taste.

I'll just put a little lingonberry sauce on it.  It'll be fine.

Asmodean

And then a little gray ball of clay for dessert.  >:(
Dangerous. The Swarm(tm) could eat you alive from the inside.  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Eating clay is good for you, according to Shirley.  :D

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/clay2.htm

ETA: (Sidenote: This maniac is feeding clay to her dog.  Every day.   :o "Note: I mixed a couple of teaspoons of clay into my dog's food and within days his stools were firm again. I continue to mix clay into his food everyday to provide him with important nutrients. Shirley")

Asmodean

Yes. Is good for you. You eat enough gray clay and mutate into an Asmominion!  :D Eh... That is, Immunity! Yes, yes. It is good for immunity. And digestion. Absolutely safe, yes it is.  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on April 12, 2012, 10:44:50 PM
Yes. Is good for you. You eat enough gray clay and mutate into an Asmominion!  :D Eh... That is, Immunity! Yes, yes. It is good for immunity. And digestion. Absolutely safe, yes it is.  ;D

.........*suspicious eyes*  Why do I suddenly suspect this is a trap? *suspicious eyes*

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on April 12, 2012, 10:51:46 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on April 12, 2012, 10:44:50 PM

.........*suspicious eyes*  Why do I suddenly suspect this is a trap? *suspicious eyes*

Don't believe it.

It's fine. Juuuuust fine.

I ate blue modelling clay when I was 3.

Look how I turned out.

:D :D :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Whitney

I've been going to the gym consistently for a couple weeks now in addition to physical therapy.  I put back on about 10lbs from not doing anything when my ankle started having issues but i can feel that it is coming back off again...however I'm going to avoid weighing myself for a while since I'm also incorporating weight lifting and don't want to get hung up on weight gain that isn't bad.  I'm having to invest so much time and money into this ankle issue that I think it alone will be a good motivator to not get lazy later down the road....that and I don't want to have worse issues when I'm old.