News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Glad to be here

Started by Xiilent, December 31, 2011, 05:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xiilent

Just made my account. Little information about me, my name is Daniel and I'm 17. I have been atheist for about 3-4 years now (best choice of my life) and everyone knows about it pretty much except my family. xD Which isn't a big deal, because my family isn't super religious anyways. I figured i'd come to this forum cause I've never really had an "atheist" community or really anyone thats atheist with the same idea as i do. Pretty much all of my friends are the "every wednesday and sunday church" people, but it's alright, cause we make jokes about eachother. I don't want to write too long of a story, but I'm just excited to be here with people who (hopefully xD) i can relate to. 

unholy1971

OldGit

Welcome to the lions' den, Daniel!  (Only kidding! ;D)

Xiilent

Quote from: OldGit on December 31, 2011, 06:08:39 PM
Welcome to the lions' den, Daniel!  (Only kidding! ;D)

Lmao. Yea, unfortunatly i was named after that story (supposedly, my parents always told me i was named after different things xD) But thanks.
And i saw people with a lot longer descriptions, so i'll add a little more. I am currently on track to go in the military as an officer (preferably army or marine infantry, but idk cause i'm still waiting to hear from scholarships and whatnot). I love the military. I am heavily influenced by TheAmazingAtheist on youtube and his series "Howard The Humongous" with Howard Bloom (i think that man is a genius). They've both helped me become (what I believe) an independent thinker and help me form my ideas and perspectives.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Hi Dan
Welcome to HAF  ;D
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, Daniel. I think that you'll find at least a taste of community here. However, this isn't an exclusively atheist community; we have some active (I dare say even valued) members who are religious as well as agnostics of various inclinations.

QuoteNotes for new members from Tank.

The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts. Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum. It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.

In addition, you may find the following of interest: "Rules for Conducting a Discussion" by Dr. Mortimer J. Adler.

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Traveler

Hello and welcome aboard!  ;D
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Firebird

Welcome! Also a new user here
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Ali

Welcome!  I'm new too, but I'm liking it quite a lot! 

Crocoduck

As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Welcome to the home team Daniel  ;D
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Buddy

Hiya! Nice to meet you!  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

John_5.0

Welcome to the forum Daniel! What will you do if your scholarships and what not work out? What will you study?

Xiilent

Quote from: John_5.0 on January 04, 2012, 06:24:59 AM
Welcome to the forum Daniel! What will you do if your scholarships and what not work out? What will you study?

Thanks. And if my scholarships don't work out, i'm most likely going to enlist in the navy and become a nuclear engineer. I scored an 87 on my ASVAB that i took for shits and gigs (which is like... the top 2% score in the country) so i can pretty much take any job in the military i want. But a nuclear engineer gets like a $80k reenlistment bonus so... yea. I'm making money either way. xD