News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

ATTENTION ALL ATHEISTS!! WE NEED TO VOTE THUMBS UP ON THIS!!

Started by cantthinkofaname, November 11, 2007, 01:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cantthinkofaname

please consider voting a thumbs up to have our voices heard.
:

ryanvc76

What are we voting on??? I don't see anything in your post.
---=---=---=---=---
http://www.vancleave.de
---=---=---=---
"[The Bible] has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies." - Mark Twain

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson

---=---

Eclecticsaturn

it we are voting and symble ":" then i can agree to a thumbs up. I heard that : is racist.

cantthinkofaname

I wondered if anyone was reading my post, no replys  :(

It's time! Our voices should and must be heard so please go into this site and vote it couldn't hurt.
If possible and if you want to it wouldn't hurt to send to other atheists too.

We only have until November 14th to cast our votes.

first one I'm asking to vote thumbs up for is:
Question for Pres Candidates about Net

second one is: Is America unofficially a theocracy?

EDIT:  Here is the link

http://www.10questions.com/?l=ccforum&a ... lay=&hide=

rlrose328

I saw it... there was much more to the post when I we  saw it originally... I went to the linked site and voted.  What happened to the link and the rest of the original message?
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

rlrose328

I saw it... there was much more to the post when I we  saw it originally... I went to the linked site and voted.  What happened to the link and the rest of the original message?
**Kerri**

cantthinkofaname

Quote from: "Eclecticsaturn"it we are voting and symble ":" then i can agree to a thumbs up. I heard that : is racist.

I'm not sure I understand you  :?   ":" symbol.   I am voting because as far as I am concerned it's high time atheists started being heard.  It's long overdue for candidates to consider our thoughts, opinions, needs and most of all rights.   It hard not to agree with the vids IMO.  Are you an atheist?

Bella

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you're plugging for votes on your videos?

cantthinkofaname

Quote from: "Bella"I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you're plugging for votes on your videos?

No they're not my videos.  I don't know the kids on the vids but I came across them from RRS website and I truly want to see atheists get rights and that starts with asking questions.   Atheists are never considered when candidates run for any election.  How sad is that.  Plus if they were my videos I would have absolutely no problem saying they are but I cannot take any credit for them.  I give them a lot of credit for doing those videos they have the ability to and care enough to.

What I find interesting and a disheartening is that if they were religious based questions (favoring religion) and put on some religious forum no one would question, they would right away vote in favor of the religious.  But when it comes to atheists people questioning religion, theocracy etcetc. they either don't care or become suspicious.

It looks to me like the atheists on this forum don't want themselves to be counted for, let the gov't think the numbers are down by not voting.  If it's fear there is nothing to fear because it's anonymous.  You can't be discriminated against or fired from your job or harassed at school.  

If your atheist and don't care to vote on issues like this then don't but be prepared to live in secrecy the rest of your life for fear of being discriminated against, possibly being fired from your job, if not fired then made so miserable you want to quit.

Whitney

Although i do think it is good for atheists to get their voices heard when possible and did vote on a couple of those videos........

Will anyone that matters politically actually watch those videos?  Maybe I missed something.

cantthinkofaname

Quote from: "laetusatheos"Although i do think it is good for atheists to get their voices heard when possible and did vote on a couple of those videos........

Will anyone that matters politically actually watch those videos?  Maybe I missed something.

Yes they will see them if enough votes come in favor (thumbs up)  the videos are being sent and watched by the running candidates.  If anything it will show them we care, we count too, so do our votes and we are growing.  If we don't start somewhere, speaking up, questioning even when anonymous then we have no chance of ever being heard, considered or respected.

The kowtowing (obsequious) to the religious has to stop.  I sometimes wonder what will happen when one religion decides to dominate all other religions in America.

rlrose328

Quote from: "laetusatheos"Although i do think it is good for atheists to get their voices heard when possible and did vote on a couple of those videos........

I think the same thing most of the time, but I try to then follow up with... does it hurt me in any way to cast that vote?  No.  Then why not?  If it only takes a second and it doesn't hurt anyone, there's a small chance that SOMEONE might see it.  And any religious people going to that site will see that people are voting for it and that we are a group to be reckoned with.

So I cast my vote for any questions that posit atheist matters.  It can't hurt.
**Kerri**

cantthinkofaname

I want to thank everyone who voted thumbs up for those two videos.  I appreciate fellow atheists helping each other out and speaking out.  THANK YOU ALL

rlrose328  "we are a group to be reckoned with"   I like that  :)