News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What're your English bugbears?

Started by Siz, December 20, 2011, 02:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Quote from: Ihateyoumike on January 06, 2012, 09:20:59 PM"hmmm...", I thought too myself, I could of... no, I should of basically written more in my last post. I definately could care less about all this, but if I write what I'm literally thinking, then, I might loose alot of your's interest and might just have to find a whole nother forum to post at. Their's just to many of you that basically decimate the entire forum posting about how you h8 the bugears that people write. I don't get it. Alot of my friend's and me are different backgrounds, and different colors, and different in many ways.... And there some of the best people I know, literally. I less than three every single one of them. So thankyou for listening. Its' something important to me, and I don't want all of you to loose sight of what's important.
<3
:o ;D :D

Really, the only stuff that really bugs me, is when I make typos. ONe thing I do is to hold the shift key down for two instead one letters. I also tendto miss the space bar sometimes. Although I do enjoy it when I type teh word "the" as "teh" because it's funny. My biggest problem though, is that I tend to mix tenses in a single sentence that I wrote. Relax man, you're two tenses.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

DeterminedJuliet

This thread has completely ruined sideways hearts for me

</3
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Ali on January 06, 2012, 06:07:21 PM

Of course, now you've all exposed your soft underbellies to me.  Now I know that errant apostrophes and incorrect "yours" will drive you all insane.  So watch yourselves.  Because some day, if you chance my wrath, I will drink a bottle of red wine and begin r@nt'in n l33t txtpk UnTILLL UR TR3MBlN' b4 M333333!!!!!'!
The scary/impressive thing is I think that says; Ranting in elite text speak until you're trembling before me!!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on January 06, 2012, 06:14:20 PM
I <3 you.
Back when The Asmo was but a tiny lump of clay, it took him quite some time to figure out what people meant by "I less than three somebody". Seemed like an exercise in obviousness. When speaking of and to people of the same age, NOT being <3 someone would make one a fatass indeed...

Eventually, however, some chat service was kind enough to point out to The Asmo, that the "less than" and the "three" formed a heart, in the sideways way of smileys. The Asmo, however, still thinks the thing looks more like balls hanging out a hole in the pants.  ???
Agreed, the "I love you" or heart image '<3' threw me for longer than most.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: lomfs24 on January 06, 2012, 09:20:38 PM

I remember a sign on the wall of my grade school classroom that said "A lot is two words." I remember thinking that essays in that class were going to be a breeze because three words would be more than a lot.
Teachers can be so cruel sometimes  :D

Tank

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on January 07, 2012, 05:01:52 AM
Agreed, the "I love you" or heart image '<3' threw me for longer than most.

Looks like tits to me.
Perhaps I have a problem.
I think I'll go make some toast, see what I can see.

I would rather be tea bagged by tits than testicles if I have a choice.
I do try to keep my expectations realistic, just a nice cup of tea made with proper leaves and without scrotum would be fine.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

lomfs24

Some friends of mine started posting 143. Confused me so I had to ask. It was explained to me that it was an even more retarded way to say I love you. You see I has 1 letter love has 4 letters and you has 3. I think that if I am too much of a bother to spend a couple extra seconds to type I love you then don't bother saying it at all.

Buddy

Quote from: lomfs24 on January 07, 2012, 07:36:18 AM
Some friends of mine started posting 143. Confused me so I had to ask. It was explained to me that it was an even more retarded way to say I love you. You see I has 1 letter love has 4 letters and you has 3. I think that if I am too much of a bother to spend a couple extra seconds to type I love you then don't bother saying it at all.

That is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  ::)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 07, 2012, 07:48:14 AM
Quote from: lomfs24 on January 07, 2012, 07:36:18 AM

That is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  ::)

Did your friend just invent this?
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Quote from: Tank on January 07, 2012, 04:59:50 AM

Of course, now you've all exposed your soft underbellies to me.  Now I know that errant apostrophes and incorrect "yours" will drive you all insane.  So watch yourselves.  Because some day, if you chance my wrath, I will drink a bottle of red wine and begin r@nt'in n l33t txtpk UnTILLL UR TR3MBlN' b4 M333333!!!!!'!
The scary/impressive thing is I think that says; Ranting in elite text speak until you're trembling before me!!!!

;)

Tank

Quote from: Ali on January 07, 2012, 03:31:19 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 07, 2012, 04:59:50 AM

;)

DeterminedJuliet

I am so stealing that frolicking smiley!