News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Hello

Started by yepimonfire, December 13, 2011, 10:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yepimonfire

Hi, new here, not really sure what i am, i won't say i'm really anything right now. Mostly confused and just looking for answers. I was raised a christian and have considered myself one most of my life. So i guess you could say i am one. Love having intelligent discussions with others about all sorts of things, especially when it comes to religion, science, and philosophy.

Eh.....I am who i am, even if i have yet to totally discover what that really is  ;)

Want to know anything else about me, feel free to ask.

Tank

Hi yepimonfire

Well pull up a chair and settle in.

Thanks for making the effort to sign up and join in.

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris

Notes for new members.
The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts. Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum. It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
Favorite Song, with video
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

yepimonfire

Quote from: Tank on December 13, 2011, 10:32:33 PM
Hi yepimonfire

Well pull up a chair and settle in.

Thanks for making the effort to sign up and join in.

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris

Notes for new members.
The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts. Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum. It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Yeah, i read the rules and noticed that. Not sure how to get in 10 posts without it looking like I'm posting just to get 10 posts  :P haha

Tank

Well you can follow the links in my post above and add to those threads and there are lots of general interest threads in the Laid Back Lounge that you can add you $0.02 too.  :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crocoduck

Hi yepimonfire
Welcome to Happy Atheist Forum
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, yepimonfire. Unless you're in a hurry, there's no need to worry about getting to 10 posts. Just look around and chip in on some threads in the Laid Back Lounge, like Tank said.

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Buddy

Welcome to the forum! Nice choice of username.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

DeterminedJuliet

I also like the username. It's so casual.
Welcome  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

The Magic Pudding

Hello

I know where to get some cheap carbon credits if you're interested.

kimberlyfaith81

Welcome, yepimonfire!

Grew up as a Christian myself.  Your introduction post sounds a lot like my college years.  I do so hope you find your answers, and the peace that comes with them.  Maybe it will be as a happy atheist like some of us.  Maybe it will be as a happy something else! 

yepimonfire

Quote from: kimberlyfaith81 on December 14, 2011, 02:28:58 AM
Welcome, yepimonfire!

Grew up as a Christian myself.  Your introduction post sounds a lot like my college years.  I do so hope you find your answers, and the peace that comes with them.  Maybe it will be as a happy atheist like some of us.  Maybe it will be as a happy something else! 

what a coincidence. i am currently a student myself.

kimberlyfaith81

Quote from: yepimonfire on December 14, 2011, 02:51:58 AM
Welcome, yepimonfire!

What are you studying?  I graduated with a Masters in Science, Nursing last year, working as a Nurse Practitioner now.  Took several religion courses during my university days, while I was still searching. 

yepimonfire

Quote from: kimberlyfaith81 on December 14, 2011, 02:59:08 AM
Welcome, yepimonfire!

What are you studying?  I graduated with a Masters in Science, Nursing last year, working as a Nurse Practitioner now.  Took several religion courses during my university days, while I was still searching. 
Engineering. Probably won't have to take a class in religion. Don't need to anyways, i've studied enough about it to have practically taken a class on it (outside of christianity even)

kimberlyfaith81

Quote from: yepimonfire on December 14, 2011, 05:30:29 AM
Quote from: kimberlyfaith81 on December 14, 2011, 02:59:08 AM
Welcome, yepimonfire!

Engineering. Probably won't have to take a class in religion. Don't need to anyways, i've studied enough about it to have practically taken a class on it (outside of christianity even)
Engineering! Very nice.  Mechanical, electrical, chemical?  Have you decided which way you're headed?  If only I'd been better at math, I could have become an engineer!  Ha.  I did a lot of independent study on religion as well.  But I had this amazing professor for "Comparative Religion", which was a required course.  I just had to have him again.  So I took a few more of his classes.  He was Jewish.  Being a Christian at the time, I become sort of fascinated at how Christianity grew from Judaism.  And before that, how Judaism evolved.  And on and on and on backward until I realized that the notion of deity was a human construct, an attempt to find meaning.  It was very liberating.