News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Re: What About Dignity?

Started by Egor, December 11, 2011, 09:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 14, 2011, 01:15:46 AM
I think we should start a drinking game - every time Egor complains that he's going to get banned, even though no one is threatening to ban him, we all take a shot.

Ye I like this, I don't understand those drinking games where the fool is rewarded, it's un, it's un, it's unsustainable.

Whitney

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 14, 2011, 02:01:07 AM
Quote from: Whitney on December 14, 2011, 01:59:16 AM
It very vaguely reminds me of the prostelization trick where the believer starts out by asking the nonbeliever if they have ever murdered, stolen, etc until they finally get to the one "deadly sin" everyone has to answer in the affirmative "lie" and then use that to twist a shaky proof about how all humans are sinners in need of salvation through christ.

Sooooo, I guess if they admit to the murdering bit, they can skip right to needing Jesus?

either that or run away quickly.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Whitney on December 14, 2011, 03:19:27 PM
It very vaguely reminds me of the prostelization trick where the believer starts out by asking the nonbeliever if they have ever murdered, stolen, etc until they finally get to the one "deadly sin" everyone has to answer in the affirmative "lie" and then use that to twist a shaky proof about how all humans are sinners in need of salvation through christ.

Sooooo, I guess if they admit to the murdering bit, they can skip right to needing Jesus?

Not if they're part of a religious corporation apparently. Then it's god's law that's in place, and they're the authorities on what god's law is! Isn't that fantastic? ;D

Brilliant business, churches are.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: Whitney on December 14, 2011, 03:19:27 PM

I got asked that once. Answered with "Ocasionally, it's been known to happen"... Got a fantastically long and boring lecture about salvation, hell and how the only true soldiers were those of the christ (Templars..? o.O )

I suppose she assumed I was in or ex military or some such, possibly a gangbanger, although those are uncommon here  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

McQ

Late to the party again.

I base my dignity on my Santa hat.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Tank

Quote from: McQ on December 14, 2011, 09:25:49 PM
Late to the party again.

And very fetching it is to!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Quote from: McQ on December 14, 2011, 09:25:49 PM
Late to the party again.

Damn that's cool, and sort of spooky at the same time, kind of like The Residents.

Dadaist dignity?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Egor on December 12, 2011, 10:23:30 PM
Quote from: Tristan Jay on December 12, 2011, 10:16:40 AM
The fact that most people either praise him, ignore him, or are up to something else (other religions), rather than spending most of their days seething with anger at his cruelty is rather gracious and dignified of the bulk of humanity.   ;)

I don't know what planet you're living on if you can really look at this world full of people and see a lot of dignity.

What a Wonderful World
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

history_geek

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 15, 2011, 04:42:33 AM
Quote from: Egor on December 12, 2011, 10:23:30 PM
Quote from: Tristan Jay on December 12, 2011, 10:16:40 AM
The fact that most people either praise him, ignore him, or are up to something else (other religions), rather than spending most of their days seething with anger at his cruelty is rather gracious and dignified of the bulk of humanity.   ;)

I don't know what planet you're living on if you can really look at this world full of people and see a lot of dignity.

What a Wonderful World

Everytime I hear that I immediately have to listen to this too:

The World Is Just Awesome (Boom De Ah Dah)  ;D
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Jose AR

Hello Egor, your question was very dull, uninformed, and revealed your ignorance. Why then do I respond? Why do you even these boring questions?

First of all I never believed so cannot start "believing again"

Your argument is that dignity comes from god; no god equals no dignity. Your argument is silly. Dignity does not come from god. 

Just saying things does not make them true. I realize that my response attacks you personally, in that I called you silly etc.

Jose AR

Tank

Quote from: Jose AR on December 17, 2011, 10:22:37 PM
Hello Egor, your question was very dull, uninformed, and revealed your ignorance. Why then do I respond? Why do you even these boring questions?

First of all I never believed so cannot start "believing again"

Your argument is that dignity comes from god; no god equals no dignity. Your argument is silly. Dignity does not come from god. 

Just saying things does not make them true. I realize that my response attacks you personally, in that I called you silly etc.

Jose AR
"You are silly" would be a mild personal attack
"Your argument is silly." Is not a personal attack as it refers to the argument not the person.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.