Main Menu

Technically agnostic, but......

Started by Brent, December 07, 2011, 05:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Budhorse, I challenge your unicorn in a duel with my unicorn. >D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Buddy

Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 07, 2011, 10:33:18 PM
Budhorse, I challenge your unicorn in a duel with my unicorn. >D

Oh, It. Is. On!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 10:29:30 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 07, 2011, 10:27:19 PM

Well that's where 'grasshopper' comes from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCyJRXvPNRo

Huh, I never knew that. Thanks Tank!
When you get to my age there's all kinds of trivial crap stuck in one's head.  >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on December 07, 2011, 10:35:21 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 10:29:30 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 07, 2011, 10:27:19 PM

Well that's where 'grasshopper' comes from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCyJRXvPNRo

Huh, I never knew that. Thanks Tank!
When you get to my age there's all kinds of trivial crap stuck in one's head.  >:(

Hey, you never know when it will be put to good use, like being on a game show  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 10:37:12 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 07, 2011, 10:35:21 PM

Hey, you never know when it will be put to good use, like being on a game show  :D
Yes. Tank should partake in a game show and win us himself lots of money. ;D
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

MadBomr101

- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Jose AR

Hello Brent, technically all atheists are really agnostic, but functionally atheist. the definition of agnostic really hinges on whether you think there may be a creator, but are unsure, or whether you think there is the possibility of a creator, but that possibility is too remote to consider. If you believe that someday, maybe you can flip a coin and get 50 heads in a row, then you are the agnostic type. If you believe that it is possible, mathematically, to get 50 heads in a row, but you will never live long enough to see it, then you are the atheist type. I am also new to the forum and technically an agnostic ( I can't prove there is no Zeus), but functionally an atheist (I'm satisfied that there is probably no Zeus and will lead my life accordingly)
Welcome
Jose