News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Jokes Thread (Was named Anyone know any good jokes ? I'll start :D )

Started by no_god_know_peace, November 10, 2011, 12:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Magdalena on January 30, 2020, 04:00:29 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 30, 2020, 08:44:31 AM
QuoteHe said that if Trump did withhold nearly $400 million in aid to pressure Ukraine to announce investigations of Democrats to help his campaign, it wasn't an impeachable offense because Trump thinks his election would be to the country's benefit. Therefore, he had no corrupt motive.
:picard facepalm:

I think Trump may be the Superman.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-nietzsches-s_b_7968918
QuoteAnd here's how you would know these Supermen: they would be marked by their ability to never feel guilt or regret or shame.

They would be "super" for the very reason that they, unlike the average person, could look at every moment of their lives--the good, the bad, the indifferent--and say (and really mean as they say it): "yes, I did that. So what? I willed it."

In fact, for these men it would never even be a matter of good, bad, or indifferent, because these men would be "beyond good and evil"--for the simple fact that they themselves would determine what was good and evil. Moreover, for these men there would never be any concern for the common good--because, in their eyes, nothing "common" could ever be "good."

Meanwhile, Nietzsche believed that the average person would look at these Supermen as heroes because in the Supermen they would see an expression of their own true nature: the nature they themselves are too weak to embrace but which they, all the same, resonate with strongly. The average person would champion the causes of the Supermen because they would see in the Supermen what they once upon a time saw in God and later saw in the community: a Savior--a source of hope.

Which leads me to this question: could it be that the very reason so many people are inspired rather than put off by Donald Trump is that he, for them, is Nietzsche's Superman?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 31, 2020, 12:58:06 AM

I think Trump may be the Superman.

I can think of many words to describe Trump but superman is not one of them.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Why is 2019 afraid of 2020?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Kusa

No one

hiep

How many super saiyans does it take to screw in a light bulb?
but it will take ten episodes.

Siz

Quote from: hiep on February 01, 2020, 01:33:15 AM
How many super saiyans does it take to screw in a light bulb?
but it will take ten episodes.

I'm so impressed with myself. I'm nearly 50 and I get it. That makes me down with the kids, right?!... Right??!.

Now, who wants to go play postman's knock and phone Busby from a payphone?

... Aww, think I blew it...  :-\

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Kusa

hiep

Quote from: No one on January 31, 2020, 07:24:50 PM
Why is 2019 afraid of 2020?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I didn't get this initially. 2020 won.

hiep

*6 year old Jesus wakes from a nightmare*: "AAHH it's a catholic apocalypse"
God:" it's only a dream son, back to sleep"

Icarus

Older man is addressing a  young woman after her graduation ceremony.

He: " I know that you have recently graduated from University. Therefore I think that you will be good at math. I will give you twenty thousand dollars. You will have to pay fourteen percent in taxes.  How much would you take off for that?"

She: Everything but my ear rings.

Kusa

Kusa

Dark Lightning

I discovered two lumps on my car battery.

I've had them tested and there was a positive result.

I hope it's not terminal.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.