News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Jokes Thread (Was named Anyone know any good jokes ? I'll start :D )

Started by no_god_know_peace, November 10, 2011, 12:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

It helps if you imagine auto-correct as a tiny little elf who's trying so hard to be helpful while being stoned out of his mind!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Biggus Dickus

I heard this joke somewhat recently (Ricky Gervais interview) and was telling it to some folks and acquaintances at a party.

Surprisingly a couple of more devout christian ladies took some umbrage with it.
We didn't argue, but they were not pleased at the implication of it, and made sure to let me know.

I think it's rather clever.

"So an old Jewish man, who was a survivor of the holocaust dies. Arriving at heavens gate he is greeted by St Peter, and a few other Saints. They tell him what a fine, good man he was, and having led such an exemplary life has more than earned a spot in heaven.

As he and the Saints are chatting and getting to know each other Jesus walks over to the group, and introduces himself to the old man.

After some time the old man, who during life loved to make people smile and laugh decides to tell a joke that just happens to involve the holocaust.

Jesus, after hearing the joke says, "I'm sorry, but I really don't think that is very appropriate or in good taste"

To which the old Jewish man replies, "Oh, I guess you had to be there".
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

I think we would all say that Mags :P

So one day I asked Socorro (My Wife) what she would do if I ever won the lottery, and she said, "Id take half of the winnings, and leave your ass"!..."Great", I said, "I just won $12.00, here's $6.00,...have a great life and stay in touch"!

Magdalena

Tank

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on August 18, 2019, 07:05:47 PM

So one day I asked Socorro (My Wife) what she would do if I ever won the lottery, and she said, "Id take half of the winnings, and leave your ass"!..."Great", I said, "I just won $12.00, here's $6.00,...have a great life and stay in touch"!

:rofl:

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on August 18, 2019, 07:21:13 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 18, 2019, 04:02:07 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on August 18, 2019, 01:53:39 AM

:lol:
Sounds like something my man would say at my burial.

I'm a little rusty on my "Gif-Speak, however. I think what you're saying here Mags is "Bruno, that was funny, butt not-funny mother-f****er"!

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on August 18, 2019, 08:09:42 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 18, 2019, 07:21:13 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 18, 2019, 04:02:07 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on August 18, 2019, 01:53:39 AM

:lol:
Sounds like something my man would say at my burial.

I'm a little rusty on my "Gif-Speak, however. I think what you're saying here Mags is "Bruno, that was funny, butt not-funny mother-f****er"!

Quote"Bruno, that was funny, but not-that funny."
Yes.

Quote"mother-f****er!"
No.

I wouldn't call you that.

Biggus Dickus

[/quote]
Quote"Bruno, that was funny, but not-that funny."
Yes.

Quote"mother-f****er!"
No.

I wouldn't call you that.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on August 13, 2019, 01:24:33 PM
It helps if you imagine auto-correct as a tiny little elf who's trying so hard to be helpful while being stoned out of his mind!
is it just me, or does that sound like something Terry pratchett would write?  :o

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-