Jokes Thread (Was named Anyone know any good jokes ? I'll start :D )

Started by no_god_know_peace, November 10, 2011, 12:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Quote from: Icarus on June 10, 2015, 01:31:12 AM
Not to worry Claire. You can not be expected to know about one of our revered TV series about war.The popularity of the MASH series goes back several years to the Korean war era  and must surely be well be before your time.

MASH was an abbreviation that meant Military Advanced Surgical Hospital.  The script writers were near genius. They managed to combine blood and guts efforts to save wounded soldiers in a tent advanced position hospital with the height of mirth. That was a classic series not easy to duplicate.

Mobile Army Surgical Hospital.....

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

Alright JJ I stand corrected.  Although the MASH layout was anything but mobile, I think that you are right.

Tank

Not to worry Claire. You can not be expected to know about one of our revered TV series about war.The popularity of the MASH series goes back several years to the Korean war era  and must surely be well be before your time.

MASH was an abbreviation that meant Military Advanced Surgical Hospital.  The script writers were near genius. They managed to combine blood and guts efforts to save wounded soldiers in a tent advanced position hospital with the height of mirth. That was a classic series not easy to duplicate.
I used to watch it as a kid. I had a huge crush on 'Hotlips'
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Larry

As did we all. Nothing like a little death in the air to clear the mind and remind us of what's important.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
Epicurus [341-270 B.C.E.]

"And do you think that unto such as you,
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew,
God gave the Secret, and denied it me?-
Well, well, what matters it! believe that too."
Rubaiyat, R. Le Gallienne, transl.

Claireliontamer

Not to worry Claire. You can not be expected to know about one of our revered TV series about war.The popularity of the MASH series goes back several years to the Korean war era  and must surely be well be before your time.

MASH was an abbreviation that meant Military Advanced Surgical Hospital.  The script writers were near genius. They managed to combine blood and guts efforts to save wounded soldiers in a tent advanced position hospital with the height of mirth. That was a classic series not easy to duplicate.

Mash was on over here as I was growing up and it was often on, so I  know who radar is I just didn't recognise him in that photo.

Also,  it's partly due to MASH that JJ and I started talking in the first place, so I really should have recognised him!!

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

joeactor

OldGit

Tank

Kent

A skeleton walks into a bar and says, "Barkeep, give me a beer and a mop."
Civilization exists by geologic consent; subject to change without notice.

-Will Durant

Kent

My dear Fork,

I know it was unfair to you that I left so suddenly, and for that I must apologize. Love can surprise anyone, and although it is no fault of yours, once I met Dish I just had to follow my heart.

Even so, I felt you should know that you have a son.

I named him Spork. He has your hair.

Love, Spoon

-Will Durant

OldGit

Kent

Quote from: OldGit on June 13, 2015, 05:52:26 PM
Oh, that's so sad.  I want to cry.

Here, dry your eyes.

*offers Old Git a sandpaper towelette*

-Will Durant

Magdalena

Quote from: Kent on June 13, 2015, 01:33:14 AM
My dear Fork,

I know it was unfair to you that I left so suddenly, and for that I must apologize. Love can surprise anyone, and although it is no fault of yours, once I met Dish I just had to follow my heart.

Even so, I felt you should know that you have a son.

I named him Spork. He has your hair.

Love, Spoon

Ha! A Spork.
I get it! :D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Lee

Evolution vs Kansas

https://www.facebook.com/Kevin.Karstens/videos/2421883103051/

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to embed this. Seth McFarlane hits the nail on the head.