News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Jokes Thread (Was named Anyone know any good jokes ? I'll start :D )

Started by no_god_know_peace, November 10, 2011, 12:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Essie Mae

Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Icarus

Tom62

Quote from: Icarus on October 13, 2014, 05:59:16 AM
Ooooh, that one was dark Tom  ::)

Thanks! I know even darker ones, but I'm not sure if they'll be appreciated.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

OldGit

Quote from: Tom62Thanks! I know even darker ones, but I'm not sure if they'll be appreciated.

Go on, try them out!  :D

Biggus Dickus

So you'll lock a thread because of some GIF's, but supposed "jokes" about raping children gets a smiley emoticon? 
I find that somewhat disturbing, possibly others do here as well? I'm not sure.

So I ask when does  "dark" humor go to far, is there a proverbial line which can be crossed or is it basically anything goes, no limits or subject to disgusting to make light of because it's all simply a joke? 

For example if I was to tell a joke regarding the aforementioned subject of child rape, which apparently some folks find humorous, and in the description of the joke I were to mention in some detail the actual physical and violent acts that take place during the rape of a seven or eight year old child, would this still be allowed, would I cross the line, is it still funny?
What if I took it further, and described the child's screams of horror and pain?
Is this still funny, does even this cross the line, lock the thread, get me banned?

Probably not, because at the end there would be still be that punch line, which would make all of these disturbing, horrific images meaningless and irrelevant, and they would just lay there forgotten, sort of like a comatose patient, who's ability to consent to sex is deemed unnecessary so long as the rest of us can laugh at their expense.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

The Gif's are/were a technical issue.

If you feel we should discuss the matter of inappropriate material for jokes it's perfectly acceptable to raise the matter here Forum Suggestions

Claireliontamer

From the rules:

QuoteWORK FRIENDLY:  Keep forum content work friendly. For instance, if an image you want to post is not appropriate for a work environment then link to the image rather than placing the image in your post.

I would say that this should be enforced for text too, images are just cited as an example. 

Tank

Quote from: Claireliontamer on October 13, 2014, 02:20:37 PM
From the rules:

QuoteWORK FRIENDLY:  Keep forum content work friendly. For instance, if an image you want to post is not appropriate for a work environment then link to the image rather than placing the image in your post.

I would say that this should be enforced for text too, images are just cited as an example. 

This part of the rules does specifically deal with images as they can be seen by people in a work place when a page is viewed. If this extended to written text there are plenty of US offices that would consider pro-atheist discussion as unacceptable. As I have said if joke content needs to be moderated please start a thread about it in the Forum Suggestions where we can all express an opinion and come to a consensus.

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Crow

Why did Princess Diana cross the road?

She wasn't wearing a seatbelt
Retired member.

Icarus

Bruno; you are a sensitive man. I respect you for that, whether I agree with you or not.

Guardian85

A Mom is driving a little girl to her friends house for a play date. "Mommy," the little girl asks, "how old are you?" The mother looks over at the little girl, "Honey, you are not supposed to ask a lady her age, it isn't polite." the mother warns. "Ok," the little girl says, "How much do you weigh?"

"Now really," the mother says, "these are personal questions and are really none of your business." Undaunted, the little girl asks, "Why did you and daddy get a divorce?"

"That is enough questions, honestly!" The exasperated mother walks away as the two friends begin to play.

"My Mom wouldn't tell me anything," the little girl says to her friend. "Well," said the friend, "all you need to do is look at her driver's license. It is like a report card, it has everything on it." Later that night the little girl says to her mother, "I know how old you are, you are 32." The mother is surprised and asks, "How did you find that out?"

"I also know that you weigh 140 pounds." The mother is past surprise and shock now. "How in heavens name did you find that out?" The little girl continues on triumphantly, "And... I know why you and daddy got divorce."

"Oh really?", the mother asks, "Why is that?" To which the girl replies, "Because you got an F in sex."

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-