News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Jokes Thread (Was named Anyone know any good jokes ? I'll start :D )

Started by no_god_know_peace, November 10, 2011, 12:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Quote from: Tank on October 07, 2014, 07:45:24 AM

Hah! Love that one!

I just passed on buying a homeopathic (arnica) in favor of an herbal alternative (bromelain).
The whole idea behind the water having some "memory" of a prior chemical is just too far.

Have there been any studies that show positive results for homeopathic medicine?

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

Quote from: joeactor on October 07, 2014, 02:17:34 PM
Have there been any studies that show positive results for homeopathic medicine?

None better than chance.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Pasta Chick

Quote from: joeactor on October 07, 2014, 02:17:34 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 07, 2014, 07:45:24 AM

Hah! Love that one!

I just passed on buying a homeopathic (arnica) in favor of an herbal alternative (bromelain).
The whole idea behind the water having some "memory" of a prior chemical is just too far.

Arnica is typically found as a herbal remedy.  It's also used in classic homeopathy, but the gels and rubs you find in most stores do contain the plant itself.  I've not seen much evidence that it does anything, though.

Ecurb Noselrub

I'll have to say that I didn't get the joke until water memory was mentioned.  I looked it up and read about it for the first time.  Obviously I don't know much about homeopathy.  Strange stuff.

joeactor

Quote from: Pasta Chick on October 07, 2014, 11:53:34 PM
Arnica is typically found as a herbal remedy.  It's also used in classic homeopathy, but the gels and rubs you find in most stores do contain the plant itself.  I've not seen much evidence that it does anything, though.

Yes - seems like the topical formula for Arnica does at least have the plant in it, and may be good for some aches and pains.
But it's toxic to take internally (not that there's any in the homeopathic version anyway)

Guardian85

Two pedophiles were walking down the street one day when they came across a pair of small lacey knickers on the ground. The first one picks them up, smells them and goes, "Aahhh... A seven-year-old girl." The other grabs them from him and also takes a smell and goes, "No, no ... Definitely an eight-year-old girl!" The two of them are them smelling them in turns and arguing. "An eight-year-old!", "No, a seven-year-old!", "Definitely an eight-year-old!" .... and so on. The local priest is walking past as the two men argue and can't help but ask them what the commotion is all about.

The first pedophile tells the priest, and asks him if he could sort out the argument, so the priest takes the knickers, has a good long sniff, and after pondering for a few moments he looks at the two men and says: "Definitely an eight-year-old girl! ......... but not from my parish!"

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Magdalena

^ ^ ^
I love your jokes and I always share them. However, I'm definitely NOT sharing this "joke" because I don't think there's anything funny about child sexual abuse.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Crow

Quote from: Magdalena on October 12, 2014, 03:35:53 AM
^ ^ ^
I love your jokes and I always share them. However, I'm definitely NOT sharing this "joke" because I don't think there's anything funny about child sexual abuse.

I shared it. Dark jokes are the best.
Retired member.

Tom62

Another dark joke, this one was very popular 16 years ago in the Netherlands.

Marc Dutroux and Michel Jackson are taking a cruise together. The are sitting at the diningtable when they hear the captain making the announcement: "The ship is sinking. All people to the lifeboats. Women and children first." Dutroux jumps up and says "Fuck the children". Jackson looks up and says "Do we still have enough time for that?".
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Tom62

A woman was in a coma. She had been in it for months. Nurses were in her room giving her a sponge bath. One of them was washing her private area and noticed that there was a slight response on the monitor when she touched her.

They tried it again and sure enough there was definite movement. They went to her husband and explained what happened, telling him, "As crazy as this sounds, maybe a little oral sex will do the trick and bring her out of the coma."

The husband was skeptical, but they assured him that they'd close the curtains for privacy. The husband finally agreed and went into his wife's room.

After a few minutes the woman's monitor flat lined, no pulse, no heart rate. The nurses run back into the room. "What happened!?" they cried. The husband said, "I'm not sure - I think maybe she choked."
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Siz

How long does it take to microwave a baby?

I dunno either - I was too busy jerking off.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Essie Mae

Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare